New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Next gen Ranger Raptor (Prototype)
    speaking of the ranger raptor. i see quite a few sa kalye being the top of the line model. napaisip lang ako madami top of the line ang hanap pero in the case na v6 diesel ang ilabas na top of the line madami pa din kaya bibili? we know how particular pinoys can be when it comes engine displacement and fuel economy. that being said madami ako nakikita fortuner na 2.8. ewan lang ang ration ng sales sa 2.4.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    speaking of the ranger raptor. i see quite a few sa kalye being the top of the line model. napaisip lang ako madami top of the line ang hanap pero in the case na v6 diesel ang ilabas na top of the line madami pa din kaya bibili? we know how particular pinoys can be when it comes engine displacement and fuel economy. that being said madami ako nakikita fortuner na 2.8. ewan lang ang ration ng sales sa 2.4.
    Basta diesel madami bibili thou it still depends on the price.

No contest the base 2.4 diesel fortuner outsells the gas model by a huge margin which is why Toyota dropped that engine option in the latest Facelifted Fortuner.
    But here in the Manila, if you check out every 1st gen Fortuner running around and you might think otherwise, parang equal lang yung gas and diesel 1st gen fortuner but that may be due to most buyers of a 2nd hand 1st gen Diesel fortuner are from the provinces where the buyers all prefer the Diesel engine.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    The 2.4L Fortuners had a bigger sales ratio compared to the higher variant 2.8L engine.

Most 2nd gen Forts i see on the roads were Gs and Vs with the 2.4L engine.

When the 2.8L engine is available on 4x2 Fortuners since current facelift came out, more 1GD powered Fortuners came out in the roads. Still the 2.4L 2GD Fortuners has made more sales than the higher variants.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    speaking of the ranger raptor. i see quite a few sa kalye being the top of the line model.
    I see many Ranger Raptors here in Metro Manila. In fact a large chunk of the Rangers sold by Ford Philippines are Raptors, making the Ranger the top selling 4x4 in the country (Hilux is the top selling pickup, this means most are 4x2).

As of December 2020, 64% of the Ranger Raptor sales in the ASEAN region was from the Philippines. Among the "International Markets Group" markets (includes Australia, South Africa etc), the Philippines has a 37% share of the Ranger Raptor sales.

I don't have the figures but I think the Ranger Raptor seems to outsell the lower XLS and XLT variants.
    Last edited by AG4; February 11th, 2022 at 05:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Did Ford drop diesel power for 2022 Ranger Raptor? | Autoindustriya

What really surprised us with the teaser video is the sound of the all-new Ranger Raptor. Instead of a turbo-diesel engine chugging along, it sounds like the next-generation Ranger Raptor could be powered by a new turbo-gasoline engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I see many Ranger Raptors here in Metro Manila. In fact a large chunk of the Rangers sold by Ford Philippines are Raptors, making the Ranger the top selling 4x4 in the country (Hilux is the top selling pickup, this means most are 4x2).

As of December 2020, 64% of the Ranger Raptor sales in the ASEAN region was from the Philippines. Among the "International Markets Group" markets (includes Australia, South Africa etc), the Philippines has a 37% share of the Ranger Raptor sales.

I don't have the figures but I think the Ranger Raptor seems to outsell the lower XLS and XLT variants.

Mas madalas ako makakita ng ranger raptor nakatirik sa nlex.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    If Ford will make the turbocharged gas engine the only engine option, they probably won't hit the same sales numbers as the current diesel Ranger Raptor.

It could also be the reason they might introduce the Ranger "Tremor" variant here which might replace the current FX4 Max as the 2nd most hardcore variant in the Ranger lineup. (The USDM Tremor and FX4 Max have almost the same off-road package, but the Tremor, at least in the US gets a different skid/bash plate closer to the one on the Ranger Raptor)

Ranger Tremor...

...and FX4 Max for comparison

*People who will take this off-road will probably remove that front spoiler.
    Last edited by AG4; February 11th, 2022 at 07:02 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    this has been bugging me for a long time,.. why does most asean/global pickups having integrated front bumper designs? i always assume for economic production reasons

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Last edited by foifoi05; February 22nd, 2022 at 05:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    392hp/582Nm of pure brute! Oh my! I want one! Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
2022 Ford Ranger (next gen rumors)