New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Yung problem is if in the middle of road trip mag break.
    Okay sana if madaling i DIY, mag stock lang ng extra part ang owner.

Actually seems like an easy DIY (temporary) fix if it breaks on the road, even if you don't have the extra part. Length of wire lang to connect the battery terminal to the part that broke off.
    Luckily both parts already have a screw that you can connect a loop of wire to, all you need to carry is a small length of wire and a 10mm socket (or whatever fits, or pliers)

If you want to do something pre-emptive maybe wire the two points together in advance, just use some thick grounding wire with spade connectors.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    di ba sarap sakalin ng auto design at engineering department ng ford.. why make a simple thing like changing air filters too complicated..?
    Job security.[2021] Ford PH issues recall (Territory's Electric Battery Sensor bracket) Limiting the DIYable raises dealership dependency. Genius![2021] Ford PH issues recall (Territory's Electric Battery Sensor bracket)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Just a note that in a tech world, a simple design can be patented by the creator especially if the design to achieve simple DIYable thing didn't exists yet.
    Probably some of the designs from other companies were already patented and Ford are kuripot to pay royalty fees to use other company's design patent.
    So they resorted to create their own design.
    Example design patent is the curve wire design attached in the Lenovo Thinkpad adaptor.
    Benefit is it won't easily break the wire near the adaptor from tangling.
    Its a simple design but any company that will copy the same design will be sued unless they are willing to pay royalty fees.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Just make sure makapal yung cable na gamitin between the bolts, reminded me of a solar battery cable or old car battery cable.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7f81caa82984fbf7b0426311abbaf407.jpg_q80.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Just make sure makapal yung cable na gamitin between the bolts, reminded me of a solar battery cable or old car battery cable.
    Yes, that's very true. Mataas amperage ng car electricals because the voltage is low.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes, most owners have already bought the 10cm 25mm2 wire with lugs for emergency fix.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123