New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For some years now I have been doing change oil every 12 months (or around 7k to 8k km) for my turbo gas cars. I started with my Fiesta Ecoboost in late 2016 and did it with my FXT in 2018. No issues at all - no oil degradation or oil burning for both cars. I use the prescribed oil suggested in the manual.

Sold na yung Fiesta Ecoboost. We are also doing the same with our Civic RS and Jetta TDI starting last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty bad idea if using the casa’s oil (in Ford’s case). Wala pa nga 6 months nung nagpalit ako ng oil, ramdam ko na agad yung difference after putting in new oil. Napaka shady naman din kasi ng Ford, using oil from a drum... plus it’s the same oil that’s used in the Ranger tapos yun din gagamitin sa ecoboost... very odd.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    The newer ecoboost engines use both direct and port injection. So carbon on intake valves will not be an issue anymore. Nagtaka nga ako gumawa pa ng bagong design para sa Territory.
    That's good to hear for the Ecoboost engine design overall.

Kaso, since you mentioned iba pa ulit itong Territory, is it a evolution on the new ecoboost "2", say a 2.1, or is it based on Ecoboost "1", say 1.1/1.2?

Medyo malabo nga isipin na gamitin pa nila yung based on original Ecoboost knowing the issues.... but... just.... what if? It's something that just worries me.

Kung may nagpost na earlier about the engine details, might have missed it. Also not to knowledgeable on the technical side. Alam ko lang nagkaron nga ng build up issue yung Ecoboost 1 design.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pretty bad idea if using the casa’s oil (in Ford’s case). Wala pa nga 6 months nung nagpalit ako ng oil, ramdam ko na agad yung difference after putting in new oil. Napaka shady naman din kasi ng Ford, using oil from a drum... plus it’s the same oil that’s used in the Ranger tapos yun din gagamitin sa ecoboost... very odd.
    No, I buy my own oils for my cars nowadays. The reason I moved out of casa service for my Fiesta Ecoboost in 2016 was that it felt they put the wrong oil on it in its last casa service. The car felt sluggish and the fuel consumption got worse. I confronted the casa regarding it and they couldn’t guarantee that they put the proper oil on the 1.0L turbo. After that, I had the car serrviced outside and I buy my own oils.

Both engines of the FXT and Fiesta Ecoboost use the same type of oil so it made things easier. Motor Image allows you to bring your own oil instead of using their stuff. When I had the CVTF changed on the FXT outside casa in 2018, that was also the started doing change oil outside casa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Kaso, since you mentioned iba pa ulit itong Territory, is it a evolution on the new ecoboost "2", say a 2.1, or is it based on Ecoboost "1", say 1.1/1.2?

Medyo malabo nga isipin na gamitin pa nila yung based on original Ecoboost knowing the issues.... but... just.... what if? It's something that just worries me.

Kung may nagpost na earlier about the engine details, might have missed it. Also not to knowledgeable on the technical side. Alam ko lang nagkaron nga ng build up issue yung Ecoboost 1 design.
    the dual injection ecoboost injections were introduced sa 2019? north american ford trucks and mustangs.

I didn't follow the ecoboost sa smaller crossovers and cars nila. i think the latest ecoboost chat is on the ford bronco... haven't really looked into this also.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013

As far as I read on the ecoboost group and ecoboost nightmare in facebook, the 1st gen 1.6 ecoboost has lots of issues including loss of coolant which may lead to the entire car being set on fire. The revised 1.5 ecoboost has lesser issues but as I have seen, there are very few which still have coolant loss issues which some attributed to the engine being heatsoaked after turning it off, may nagccrack daw sa engine block and of course, LSPI can rarely happen as I experienced which shattered my piston, necessitating a replacement of the short block under warranty. The latest 3 cylinder 1.5 ecoboost which has both direct and port injectors have no known issues as of now since its a pretty new engine.

The 1.5 ecoboost used in the Territory is not related to those though. So it’s unknown what the issues will be if there are any.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

The 1.5 ecoboost used in the Territory is not related to those though. So it’s unknown what the issues will be if there are any.
    The 1.5 EcoBoost of the Territory is sort of like a junior 2.0/2.3 EcoBoost. Size/dimensions is like the Sigma-based 1.5 EcoBoost but it has timing chain and side-mounted direct injection like the 2.0/2.3 EcoBoost (plus the addition of Miller Cycle to improve emissions and fuel efficiency).

JMC builds the Chinese-market Everest, and one of its engine options is the 2.0 EcoBoost (facelifted model gets a 2.3 EcoBoost).
    JMC also uses the 2.0 EcoBoost in its own range of vehicles. I'm not surprised, they incorporated some features of the big EcoBoost for the small 1.5 turbo.

As far issues being unknown, the Territory went on sale in the Chinese market on January 2019, so its been out in China for 1 year and seven months before they introduced it to export markets.

The only mechanical changes i've read about so far and seen in photos is its updated front suspension. The lower L-arms of the 2019 Territory look similar to the ones on the previous Escape/Kuga while the ones on the 2020.5/2021 Territory look similar to the ones on the all-new Escape (but made of steel instead of aluminum)

Territory's 1.5 EcoBoost
    Last edited by AG4; August 22nd, 2020 at 10:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If the image is not showing in my previous post, here's the photo I posted.
    Terriotry's 1.5 EcoBoost with timing chain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.5-ecoboost-145.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hmmm.. geely coolray o ford territory? nice to have this choice if your buying now.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    hmmm.. geely coolray o ford territory? nice to have this choice if your buying now.
    If you want something nimble and quick, get the Coolray. It’s not as big inside as the usual compact cars. I think the Azkarra is a more apt contender in terms of size against the Territory.

The Territory will surely be more comfortable inside as it is bigger. It will be better suited as an all-around vehicle for a small family.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Uly doesn't like the Territory (warning: racist overtones in the review):

************ - Brutal, yes; honest? Always. #Ford... | Facebook