New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    What happened pala sa ecosport trans issue, dct yun di ba? Yun ata pinakamarami akong nabasa na problem, sabi it was resolved by a cpu update? Some say, it just takes some getting used to? Or one has to learn how to "operate" the dct properly. Or meron ba units na bumigay and needed replacement?
    The newer generation Ecosport uses the 6spd AT but nobody noticed as it got drowned by the bad experience a lot of people had with the DCT of the previous generation.

I had a Fiesta before with the same DCT but thank goodness I never had issues with it even up to the time I sold it. Even the new owner didn’t complain. DCT just behaves differently in the low gears, much more like MT compared to traditional AT or CVT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Uly doesn't like the Territory (warning: racist overtones in the review)
    Probably Pandemic stress.
    Ford stressed several things including comfort, so don't expect it to behave like a stiffly sprung Euro Ford.
    Learning the easy shortcuts should help. Testing a car for a short period and owning one are two different things.

-------------------------------------------------------

Is the tranny really unreliable as one poster says?Attachment 37239
    Getrag made Ford's phased-out dry-clutch DCT.
    I Google searched the transmission of the new Ford Territory, it uses a Punch Powertrain VT5 CVT, same lineage as the VT1 CVT of the 1st gen (BMW-developed) MINI of the 2000s.
    Last edited by AG4; August 24th, 2020 at 11:29 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ok si carguide dati. I enjoyed reading his reviews. Very balanced. Tapos biglang naging mazda paid ads na ang site last year i think

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Ok si carguide dati. I enjoyed reading his reviews. Very balanced. Tapos biglang naging mazda paid ads na ang site last year i think

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    he still needs the income. I don't think he will change his reviews for other cars just because he gets some mazda coins.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    he still needs the income. I don't think he will change his reviews for other cars just because he gets some mazda coins.
    But he could have done it in a more civil manner, instead he used what to me was a very unconventional way of putting an honest review. He's right it was brutal, as it points out the defects according to him, but it was also too brutally conveyed. I admit, I am one who is now 100% into getting this one as my next ride, which is why I take time to read as much as I can, I even read on power punch history, good points from everybody here. As of today, my fervor has been reduced to 50%. I will need more info going forward before I pull the trigger. Sir babkalakal put it straight forwardly, some people are willing to take the plunge... well, I was, but now... need to balance things muna hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    maybe some readers are manhid.
    one has to be brutal, so's the manhid get the message?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    But he could have done it in a more civil manner, instead he used what to me was a very unconventional way of putting an honest review. He's right it was brutal, as it points out the defects according to him, but it was also too brutally conveyed. I admit, I am one who is now 100% into getting this one as my next ride, which is why I take time to read as much as I can, I even read on power punch history, good points from everybody here. As of today, my fervor has been reduced to 50%. I will need more info going forward before I pull the trigger. Sir babkalakal put it straight forwardly, some people are willing to take the plunge... well, I was, but now... need to balance things muna hehe
    some characters have changed to get more views. "to be or not to be"

looking at this vehicle can be be both objective and subjective.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    What happened pala sa ecosport trans issue, dct yun di ba? Yun ata pinakamarami akong nabasa na problem, sabi it was resolved by a cpu update? Some say, it just takes some getting used to? Or one has to learn how to "operate" the dct properly. Or meron ba units na bumigay and needed replacement?
    That is the "default" Ford Spiel to get you to quiet down once you start experiencing issues and they hope you are outside the warranty period once the transmission fails.

I've personally heard this spiel when I went with my uncle to Ford Q Ave for his Ford Focus 1.8 and Ford Fiesta (I think it was 1st gen that came here, or maybe 2nd gen - i am definitely sure it was with the DCT)

Ginawa nila lahat "yun". Yung pag reset, pag "update".

Kesyo may way to operate properly. The only way I found to remove the shudder at low speed crawls in traffic is to automatically shift to Manual mode so the tranny holds gears properly.

For his case, Ford Focus had the transmission failure, pinagawa lang sa labas with the help of a Ford Mechanic na "pinakinausapan" para mabalik lang to a running condition.

His Fiesta was Flooded though.

Both sold after the headaches.

This is why I can't trust Ford's preferred DCTs, even after claims (previously) it is better/updated.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Uly doesn't like the Territory (warning: racist overtones in the review):

************ - Brutal, yes; honest? Always. #Ford... | Facebook

S3xist ... not racist ... and the article is poorly written ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Maybe, written with passion 2020 Ford Territory