New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sobrang daming turbo diesel na ginagamit na PUV or super laspag daily use. Karaniwan di naman fully synthetic at hindi rin nakaturbo timer. But there's still so much of them on the road - just goes to show that if an engine is built with the right tolerance, non-enthusiasts who aren't anal about maintenance can still keep them for long periods.

If an engine needs TLC, you probably shouldn't be putting it in a mass market car.

People should really accept that cars are appliances and very few people tinker these days. In the same way I would buy a ref that will give the most hassle free ownership, most people will buy a car that will need the least amount of attention.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sobrang daming turbo diesel na ginagamit na PUV or super laspag daily use. Karaniwan di naman fully synthetic at hindi rin nakaturbo timer. But there's still so much of them on the road - just goes to show that if an engine is built with the right tolerance, non-enthusiasts who aren't anal about maintenance can still keep them for long periods.

If an engine needs TLC, you probably shouldn't be putting it in a mass market car.

People should really accept that cars are appliances and very few people tinker these days. In the same way I would buy a ref that will give the most hassle free ownership, most people will buy a car that will need the least amount of attention.

GDI turbo engines are different compared to diesel turbo. LSPI doesn’t seem to be an issue with them.

Di naman sobra sobrang TLC talaga nor are there any tinkering required. You just have to be a little prudent. Sasakyan mo yan eh, laki ng binayaran mo... dapat iingatan mo din. Just follow the required fluids, do it on time and it’ll be fine. SOP lang kumbaga. 😂

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Di naman sobra sobrang TLC talaga nor are there any tinkering required. You just have to be a little prudent. Sasakyan mo yan eh, laki ng binayaran mo... dapat iingatan mo din. Just follow the required fluids, do it on time and it’ll be fine. SOP lang kumbaga. 2020 Ford Territory
    I'm assuming ginagawa mo yan pero nasabugan ka piston diba?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yung Focus 1.5L Ecoboost ng friend ko Di naman nagkaproblema sa engine nya. Same din with my old Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I'm assuming ginagawa mo yan pero nasabugan ka piston diba?

Yeah but it was hours of “enthusiatsic” driving on a pretty hot day on the highway with little rest. I doubt owners of this Ford Territory would drive the same.

If I were driving another small turbo car, maybe a Subaru or a VW, it would’ve ended the same. LSPI are inherent with these modern turbos. The occurrence of it is purely random though.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm an ordinary driver,
    and if i need to have my car serviced or repaired at the casa because the friendly gas station or banawe can't or won't do it,
    hassle na sakin yan, and i'd think twice about buying that car.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Something to think about...

Sa daming features ng Territory - madaming mas mauunang masira before problemahin ng owner yung Turbo (and CVT)

2018 article:

Are Small-Displacement Turbo Engines Reliable in the Long Term? | Design News

Fisher said Toyota hasn’t adopted small-displacement turbocharged engines on its high-volume products for good reason. “Whenever you add complexity, you add potential areas of failure,” he told us. “And a turbocharged engine is more complex. It has more stuff going on than you’d have with a normally-aspirated engine.”
    Fisher contended that technologies age in different ways. “Maybe miles aren’t necessarily the issue,” he said. “When you have a 10- or 15-year-old car, you have to ask, ‘What about the seals? What about the winters, the summers? How will everything age?’”

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Something to think about...

Sa daming features ng Territory - madaming mas mauunang masira before problemahin ng owner yung Turbo
    Tulad ng alin po?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Just saw a different kind of Ford couple days ago, 2020 FORD GT!!!

Ok guys, sorry, we can go back to the affordable Ford na.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Yeah but it was hours of “enthusiatsic” driving on a pretty hot day on the highway with little rest. I doubt owners of this Ford Territory would drive the same.

If I were driving another small turbo car, maybe a Subaru or a VW, it would’ve ended the same. LSPI are inherent with these modern turbos. The occurrence of it is purely random though.
    Isang beses mo lang hindi nacool down yung turbo bumigay na kagad piston?

Kung ganyan kaselan makina mo edi it's proof as to why so many people prefer simpler NA engines than turbo low displacement ones.

Like how you say new tech and toys are useless on cars and a good engine is all that's important - more people care less about horsepower and turbocharging and care more about longevity, ease of maintenance, and fuel consumption.