New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    These are the issues I was afraid of with turbo engines, why do they need to equip both, sana NA na lang ung entry model, like Jut says, most people are not into performance vehicles.
    Ford China does not manufacture any NA engine suitable for the "big" C-segment Territory.

Turbo engines will soon be the new normal. Even the all-new Honda City launched in Thailand has a 1.0 Turbo inplace of the old NA 1.5 engine.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Not really an issue if people who bought ones are educated by the dealers in the first place not to treat it like a NA engine. 2020 Ford Territory2020 Ford Territory2020 Ford Territory
    Kung buyer pa magaadjust, hindi bebenta yan.

People want the most hassle-free car ownership. Mga enthusiast lang yung mahilig sa sakit ng ulo.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Here’s a very detailed video of the interior by a Tagalog speaking Korean. Quite impressed with how Ford specced this one.

2020 Ford Territory 1.5L EcoBoost Titanium Part 2 - [SoJooCars] - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kung buyer pa magaadjust, hindi bebenta yan.

People want the most hassle-free car ownership. Mga enthusiast lang yung mahilig sa sakit ng ulo.
    I'm surprised so many people here are treating a mildly boosted 143PS 1.5L engine as if it was a racecar/tuner engine. This is a normal engine, not a Civic Type-R engine.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I'm surprised so many people here are treating a mildly boosted 143PS 1.5L engine as if it was a racecar/tuner engine. This is a normal engine, not a Civic Type-R engine.
    I don't see it that way.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ok rin tong si philkotse

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Not exactly the point... most people don’t know that turbo cars should be treated differently from a NA. For example, when the car is out of warranty, most people would opt to service their car outside casa. Usually, most people put in the easiest oil they can find... usually some cheap Shell or Petron oil... minsan di pa full synthetic. With these small turbocharged LSPI prone engines, that’s not a good idea. And as mentioned before, never turn off the engine immediately with these turbo engines, although they’re watercooled. Also running the engine too hard for long periods, well LSPI may randomly happen. Based on actual experience coming from a guy who’s driven NA all his life and tried a modern “normal” turbo car. Wouldn’t have learned and researched if the piston in my 1.5L ecoboost didn’t blow up.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Here’s a very detailed video of the interior by a Tagalog speaking Korean. Quite impressed with how Ford specced this one.

2020 Ford Territory 1.5L EcoBoost Titanium Part 2 - [SoJooCars] - YouTube

grabe ung features! haneep! sana nasa 1.2M lng TOTL nila, cgurado wasak c geely..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by razerph View Post
    grabe ung features! haneep! sana nasa 1.2M lng TOTL nila, cgurado wasak c geely..
    Territory Platinum is priced at 1.299M

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Not exactly the point... most people don’t know that turbo cars should be treated differently than NA. For example, when the car is out of warranty, most people would opt to service their car outside casa. Usually, most people put in the easiest oil they can find... usually some cheap Shell or Petron oil... minsan di pa full synthetic. With these small turbocharged LSPI prone engines, that’s not a good idea. And as mentioned before, never turn off the engine immediately with these turbo engines, although they’re watercooled. Also running the engine too hard for long periods, well LSPI may randomly happen. Based on actual experience coming from a guy who’s driven NA all his life and tried a modern “normal” turbo car. Wouldn’t have learned and researched if the piston in my 1.5L ecoboost didn’t blow up.
    ...good reason why i shouldn't buy one.
    heh heh.