New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I dunno, the torque steer in the focus 1.5 is pretty bad when I suddenly floor it. Nag iislide pa yung gulong.
    That's because you suddenly floored it. :D

We'll find out in the coming weeks/months when there are reviews.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If the traction control is off and you floor the accelerator, I guess this will be the time that torque steer is noticeable for small vehicles with a bit torque than usual. On most tlmes and with the usual less aggressive accelerator pedal motion, most people will not notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If the traction control is off and you floor the accelerator, I guess this will be the time that torque steer is noticeable for small vehicles with a bit torque than usual. On most tlmes and with the usual less aggressive accelerator pedal motion, most people will not notice it.

That's true. In normal driving situations, torque steer is seemingly non-existent. I also tried going fast with a fiesta ecoboost before and I don't recall it having issues with torque steer. The bad torque steer might just be isolated with the Focus, because apparently even the ST have issues with it. Bagong platform naman itong Territory plus it has a different engine with lower horsepower...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    That's true. In normal driving situations, torque steer is seemingly non-existent. I also tried going fast with a fiesta ecoboost before and I don't recall it having issues with torque steer. The bad torque steer might just be isolated with the Focus, because apparently even the ST have issues with it. Bagong platform naman itong Territory plus it has a different engine with lower horsepower...
    Most cases of torque steer threads on the Focus and Fiesta usually mention the high-performance ST. In the case of the Fiesta ST, it has Overboost function that can raise the torque to 290Nm for a limited period.

Not exact but similar suspension/subframe layout as the Focus/Escape. Like most modern FWD cars, it appears to have equal-length halfshafts and an intermediate shaft.

For those terrified at 225Nm, watch out for the 2WD Tucson CRDi with 402Nm of torque going to the front wheels.
    Last edited by AG4; August 3rd, 2020 at 05:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Most cases of torque steer threads on the Focus and Fiesta usually mention the high-performance ST. In the case of the Fiesta ST, it has Overboost function that can raise the torque to 290Nm for a limited period.

The Territory has 225Nm so I think it shouldn't be an issue, this is not like a CRDi Tucson 2WD with over 400Nm going to the front wheels.
    Not exact but similar suspension layout as the Focus/Escape. Like most modern FWD cars, it appears to have equal-length halfshafts and an intermediate shaft.

The Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost does have an overboost function between 4500 to 5000 rpm. The small 1.0L turbo engine is rated at 170Nm from 1700 rpm but it increases to 200Nm for a short period at the higher rev range. The EUDM models are tuned for higher output 140hp/210Nm.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost does have an overboost function between 4500 to 5000 rpm. The small 1.0L turbo engine is rated at 170Nm from 1700 rpm but it increases to 200Nm for a short period at the higher rev range. The EUDM models are tuned for higher output 140hp/210Nm.
    I don't think the Territory's engine has an overboost function. It's also a more relaxed bigger displacement 1.5L turbo engine.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The more articles I see about the Territory and it's local competition, the more I'm forced to ask myself...

1. Anong naisip ng Ford? (and)
    2. Sinong bibili nito?

Priced low - it will still need to compete with the MG ZS and Geely Coolray
    Priced too high - there's the HR-V, XV, Chinese cars (and the Corolla Cross - if ever dumating as per reports)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    The more articles I see about the Territory and it's local competition, the more I'm forced to ask myself...

1. Anong naisip ng Ford? (and)
    2. Sinong bibili nito?

Priced low - it will still need to compete with the MG ZS and Geely Coolray
    Priced too high - there's the HR-V, XV, Chinese cars (and the Corolla Cross - if ever dumating as per reports)
    1. From the looks of it, the Territory might eventually act as the in-direct replacement of the EcoSport in China (too much price overlap). I won't be surprised if the same happens here.

2. My guess, those who want C-segment space & features at B-segment prices, and those who wanted a jumbo-sized EcoSport. The current B-segment class start from around P900K to around P1.5M.

It says the height of the guy is 172cm (5ft 7.7 inches).

MG ZS, Coolray and HR-V(P1.295M to P1.508M) are one size class smaller. This has a longer wheelbase (more interior room) than the Corolla Cross and XV. Compared to most Chinese brands, Ford's advantage would be its larger dealer/service network and third party stores.
    Last edited by AG4; August 4th, 2020 at 03:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Between Ford and chinese brands ... most buyers might just get the Ford ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The exterior and interior looks good based on this video.

ALL NEW 2020 FORD TERRITORY [ PHILIPPINES ] - YouTube

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast