New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Wonder how parts availability will be for this. Global platform vehicles are easier to parts source.
    Many things are imported from China. I'm guessing it won't be that different from other vehicles that are only made in one country.

So far the other two known markets getting the Territory is Brazil and Argentina.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Many things are imported from China. I'm guessing it won't be that different from other vehicles that are only made in one country.

So far the other two known markets getting the Territory is Brazil and Argentina.
    Kinda spoiled by those popular global architecture vehicles that were made available in the US, Japan & Europe. Parts options(genuine, replacement, aftermarket & their sources), community & tech support will be more available than regionally released variants.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kinda spoiled by those popular global architecture vehicles that were made available in the US, Japan & Europe. Parts options(genuine, replacement, aftermarket & their sources), community & tech support will be more available than regionally released variants.
    Isn't this like having a person in Canada worry about spare parts for his US-made Expedition because it isn't a globally manufactured model?

I'm sure parts will be much cheaper than those of a US or Euro model.
    My brother's Optra for example uses genuine parts since GM-Daewoo/ GM Korea parts are cheap, obviously not the same case if you had a Camaro. Lol

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Isn't this like having a person in Canada worry about spare parts for his US-made Expedition because it isn't a globally manufactured model?

I'm sure parts will be much cheaper than those of a US or Euro model.
    My brother's Optra for example uses genuine parts since GM-Daewoo/ GM Korea parts are cheap, obviously not the same case if you had a Camaro. Lol
    Not limiting nor pointing at 1 make's global & regional releases like the Optra-Camaro comparo. I could speak of those I've had 1st hand tinker time w/.
    1 example, to the contrary, is the Asian GM Sonic which shares the same shell as its US version, but would have a lot of non-compatible components between. The consumables like filters, pads, rotors are either Korean, Chinese or Thai & don't share the same PNs w/ their NA equivalents. Look at something as simple as hub PCD....Asian is 4x100, NA is 5x105. Parts verification & searches would normally lead to limited source options that usually offer them way pricier than the NA OEM AC Delco versions....which won't fit ours. That work-issued Sonic, an appliance, won't likely stay long. Another example....The Ford Fiesta, a buddy's migraine source he's so relieved to be rid of.
    Plus, there's that lingering paranoia of model extinction & discontinuation of parts production. Likely endgame scenarios here are either to sell the car cheap or keep til it gives up.
    Compare them to say a global Euro or Nippon. Much less confusing to source maintenance & fix items for, minimal to no guesswork, more options...a lot of them can even cost less ordered online & shipped over. Easier & more assuring longterm ownership.
    I've had a love-hate thing w/ Ford & have developed a nasty phobia towards them of late, much more a Chinese-blent limited regional model in the Territory.
    To those looking, have a 2nd deeper discerning look. To future owners, all the luck.2020 Ford Territory

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Compare them to say a global Euro or Nippon. Much less confusing to source maintenance & fix items for, minimal to no guesswork, more options...a lot of them can even cost less ordered online & shipped over. Easier & more assuring longterm ownership.
    Having affordable OEM parts could have its advantages too.

That reminds me, I wonder how Avanza owners are doing with their AUV that rides on a unique Indonesian Daihatsu RWD platform?
    Last edited by AG4; July 26th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    That reminds me, I wonder how Avanza owners are doing with their AUV that rides on a unique Indonesian Daihatsu RWD platform?
    I'd like to believe Toyota will provide better support thru dealerships than anyone....& owners, w/ their volume, would also get more outside. Avanzas once were tried as cabs. Operators I know have gone back to the Vios.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Having affordable OEM parts could have its advantages too.

Being sold in more markets than the Revo's TUV "platform" probably offsets the lesser degree of partsharing with global market vehicles the avanza has than the Revo/Tamaraw

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    These are the features of the all-new Ford Territory | C!

The newest SUV in the Ford family will be equipped with goodies such as 360-degree camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, leather powered and ventilated seats, Active Park Assist with parallel and perpendicular functions, and 10-inch infotainment touchscreen with multi-view function and wireless charging.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ford Philippines has been slowly releasing bits of info but I think the Titanium trim level is supposed to have the full "Co-Pilot360" suite of driver assist features.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Ford Territory SUVs spotted in BGC 2 weeks ago were both Titanium versions. This time there's a video of the "Trend" version. Unlike the Trend trim-level in China which gets a smaller "regular" sunroof, the Philippine spec model seems to have the same Panoramic sunroof as the Titanium trim.

ALL NEW 22 FORD TERRITORY [ PHILIPPINES ] - YouTube
    Last edited by AG4; August 2nd, 2020 at 03:33 PM.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast