New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    they are still active with their latest results are on a 2020 2.4T CRV having tested 450 cars to date
    碰撞结果全纪录-中汽测评-首页(C-NCAP) 5*
    They dont have the results for the territory yet but the S330 gets 4/5 stars depending on trim
    碰撞结果全纪录-中汽测评-首页(C-NCAP) 5*
    碰撞结果全纪录-中汽测评-首页(C-NCAP) 4*
    crash videos requires a membership though and the photo quality is hit or miss
    Majority of the cars they rated are 5* (298 vehicles) and 4*(85 vehicles) with only one vehicle getting a 1* rating
    The 1* star vehicle ironically started as a 3* vehicle prior to daihatsu leaving the chinese market.
    2006 FAW-Daihatsu Xenia: 3*

2016 FAW Senya S80: 1*
    I tried to look at their socmed acct wala na kase posts after 10yrs with ncap. Parang ginamit lng nila yun ncap then they are on their own. Parang ninakaw lng nila yun ncap lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I think that does not include mirrors.

The extra (50+ mm) it has over other compact SUVs is probably due to the wide wheel arches/ flares.

The new segment here which has potential to grow is the "affordable" compact SUV segment (the one the MG aka Roewe RX5 competes in), these are technically the replacements for the shrinking compact sedan segment (similar pricing).

If Ford brought in the new Escape, its price would have made it overlap with the Everest. In China, the Territory is positioned between the EcoSport and Escape.

Speaking of the new Escape which is not sold here... they should sell its more rugged sibling, the AWD-only Bronco Sport.
    Ah good catch on the flares. That explains the overly marketed width i found on the net.

Bronco.. probably wont sell here. Its an ecoboost gas guzzler. And its price will be astronomical...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Bronco.. probably wont sell here. Its an ecoboost gas guzzler. And its price will be astronomical...
    Compared to FCA and GM, Ford is more competitive when it comes to pricing their North American vehicles (F150, Explorer, Mustang etc).
    The big Bronco (Wrangler-fighter) would probably do better than the new Wrangler JL if sold here. The new gen Wrangler got a million peso price bump over the previous JK, this explains why you don't see many new Wranglers here.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    May ads na si Ford about it:

Good move since people are sick of the Ecosport which has a besmirched name because of their crappy DCT that even the 6AT couldn't save them.

Looks like well-proportioned CUV, hopefully it comes with the same 1.5 turbo as in the Chinese market. Price this at 1.2-1.3M and it'll be a winner...until the Corolla Cross comes along. 2020 Ford Territory

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; July 10th, 2020 at 11:48 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    the 6AT couldn't save them.
    In general, the arrival of MPV-based 7-seater crossovers ate into the sales of traditional subcompact SUVs/CUVs.

Looks like well-proportioned CUV, hopefully it comes with the same 1.5 turbo as in the Chinese market.
    It will probably get the same engine, my guess the standard 1.5 Turbo, the one with the 48V mild-hybrid system might make it too expensive.... but who knows.

Price this at 1.2-1.3M and it'll be a winner...until the Corolla Cross comes along.
    In terms of size, the Territory is roughly the same size as the RAV4 and MG RX5. Hopefully the local spec Titanium variant has all the Ford Co-Pilot360 safety/driver assist features intact.
    Last edited by AG4; July 11th, 2020 at 03:29 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The PH-spec Ford Territory will pack a 1.5-liter EcoBoost | TopGear PH

According to Ford Philippines’ latest announcement, the Territory will arrive with a 1.5-liter EcoBoost engine mated to a CVT. No exact figures on the engine were provided, but it’s worth noting that the output of the same engine in other markets is rated at 118hp and 240Nm. There will also be two variants offered locally: Trend and Titanium.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    It's 140PS (138hp, 103Kw). Same power figure found in the Ford China website (they use Kw).
    Last edited by AG4; July 18th, 2020 at 08:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    It's 140PS (138hp, 103Kw). Same horsepower figure found in the Ford China website (they use Kw).
    Why not the same power unit as the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost (180PS/250Nm)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they use lower power coz it might break the chinese cvt transmission..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    they use lower power coz it might break the chinese cvt transmission..
    Then why didn't they use the 6 speed auto transmission? The 6 speed torque converter is pretty reliable in my experience. The 1.5L ecoboost engine though... it tends to explode when driven hard so that's something to think about. I wouldn't trust that 1 year change oil interval. That's just asking for pre-ignition to happen.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Different engine. Based on what i've read (Google translated) the 1.5 liter turbo direct injection JMC-Ford engine has a cast iron block, a timing chain and uses Miller Cycle. Seems to be tuned for efficiency.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast