Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    FC should not be a concern if you’re getting an Explorer. Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by amriluxe View Post
    Hi, does anybody know what the actual fuel consumption of the current ford explorer?

I'm still really confused whether to get the CX9 or the Explorer.

feedback from actual explorer owners will be appreciated!

Thanks a lot
    Wait for the all new 2020 explorer......

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    if fc is a worry. why not the new diesel palisade?
    palisade isn't available here yet, except for that grey market seller i saw on OLX. 3M pesos for a korean badge is quite "interesting" to put it lightly. hehe, i wonder when and how much the legit units from the dealers will be though. Truth be told, it does look nice from the videos ive seen on youtube.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

hehe, im considering getting the 2.3 liter ecoboost...

if may owner sana na makakapagsabi ng actual figure ng fuel consumption, that would help me decide. my 2017 honda civic goes for 8.5 km/l, i think its underwhelming considering the small engine.

if explorer can give me 7 or 8, i'll be happy. but if its just 4 to 5 kml, then thats totally outlandish imo

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

if may owner sana na makakapagsabi ng actual figure ng fuel consumption, that would help me decide. my 2017 honda civic goes for 8.5 km/l, i think its underwhelming considering the small engine.

if explorer can give me 7 or 8, i'll be happy. but if its just 4 to 5 kml, then thats totally outlandish imo
    My 2.5L Camry does 4-5 km/L in heavy traffic...6-7km/L in typical Manila traffic. I would assume a 2.3L turbo engine in a heavy SUV will do the same or worse.

6. Join Date
    May 2016

4 to 5 km/l sounds about right for the 2.3 ecoboost in heavy traffic.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

true. if fuel economy is a big factor in your checklist then a big suv like an explorer is not suited for you.

btw, we have the 3.5L V6 2014 model. i don't know exactly its fc. all i know is its big and roomy,, comfy to ride, stable and balanced on the road and have a nice infotainment[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    For me, big gas SUV's such as the Explorer are best suited for cruising long distance on the highway. They really soak up all the bumps and cracks on the road and give you the best quality ride possible. FC on the highway is also on the better side.

It's a totally different story if you use it for city driving or daily driver. FC would suffer due to non-moving traffic and also the body is so big that it becomes cumbersome to drive in tight streets and parking.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234