New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Motortrend just released an article on the upcoming 2018 Ford Fiesta. The new Fiesta grew a bit in dimensions, with bigger wheels and stronger brakes but still keeps its remarkable grip and balance. It will still be powered by the EU-spec 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo rated at 138hp/210Nm (compared to the US and ASEAN tune of 123hp/200Nm). Tranny options will be a 6-speed MT or a new 6-speed torque converter AT (no more DCT).

218 Ford Fiesta European-Spec Review: Solid Improvements Tantalize Us - Motor Trend
    Last edited by Egan101; July 3rd, 2017 at 07:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    torque converter bit makes me happy 🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Motortrend just released an article on the upcoming 2018 Ford Fiesta. The new Fiesta grew a bit in dimensions, with bigger wheels and stronger brakes but still keeps its remarkable grip and balance. It will still be powered by the EU-spec 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo rated at 138hp/210Nm (compared to the US and ASEAN tune of 123hp/200Nm). Tranny options will be a 6-speed MT or a new 6-speed torque converter AT (no more DCT).

218 Ford Fiesta European-Spec Review: Solid Improvements Tantalize Us - Motor Trend

Looks like Ford has had enough of the problems of DCT.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    torque converter bit makes me happy ��
    I guess the sad part is it's initially for Europe, Middle East & Africa, the rest will have to wait.
    “We are introducing the new Fiesta in Europe and Middle East and Africa at this time and will have more to say about other markets at a later date. Fiesta remains an important part of our lineup.”
    - 218 Ford Fiesta European-Spec Review: Solid Improvements Tantalize Us - Motor Trend

Ford's new President and CEO Jim Hackett wants to speed up the decision-making at Ford which slowed down when Mark Fields replaced Alan Mulally. Hopefully the roll-out time frame of global models is one of the things he speeds up.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I guess the sad part is it's initially for Europe, Middle East & Africa, the rest will have to wait.

- 218 Ford Fiesta European-Spec Review: Solid Improvements Tantalize Us - Motor Trend

Ford's new President and CEO Jim Hackett wants to speed up the decision-making at Ford which slowed down when Mark Fields replaced Alan Mulally. Hopefully the roll-out time frame of global models is one of the things he speeds up.
    transmission plant diba nasa africa? the one in asia is still under construction?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    transmission plant diba nasa africa? the one in asia is still under construction?
    Which transmission?
    The new Fiesta to be launched in Africa is made in Germany, so its transmissions are most likely sourced from the Ford/Ford-Getrag transmission plants in France and/or Germany.

In Asia, Ford makes MT and AT in China and MT in India (these countries are also expected to build the new MX65 manuals).

The current dry-clutch PowerShift is made in Mexico.

PS: I'm not sure where Ford Thailand sources the transmissions for the ASEAN Fiesta MT, EcoSport MT and Focus 1.5 EcoBoost automatic (torque-converter).
    Last edited by AG4; July 5th, 2017 at 01:40 AM.