New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    What's wrong with the Ford Escape here? Seems to be selling quite well in the U.S. ...
    It’s not even on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    What's wrong with the Ford Escape here? Seems to be selling quite well in the U.S. ...
    Buyers are probably feeling that competing vehicles offer better value. Plus, I’ve heard lots of complaints about the previous generation; maybe its reputation hasn’t recovered.

I rode in a previous generation Escape and found it really nice, though.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    It’s not even on their website.

They took it out last year. There were still selling a few at the end of 2016 before Ford-PH offered the hefty discounts to clear the inventory. The Escape was just too American of a vehicle. Even with the Ford-PH lineup, it was competing against the Ecosport and Everest of which it lost horribly.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A gas CUV and a Ford? We all know that doesn't sound well for most Pinoys.

But the Ford Explorer is selling well here ... it's gasoline and a Ford ...
    Last edited by Walter; February 16th, 2018 at 07:45 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    But the Ford Explorer is selling well here ... it's gasoline and a Ford ...
    But the Explorer is in a different league. On its class, it has the best features and the most competitive price. People who buy the Explorer or Expedition know their choices in vehicles and they don’t care about fuel consumption.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Which brings us back to what's wrong with the Ford Escape? ...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    People got traumatized with the previous gen escape. Had 3 friends who regret buying one. Horrible FC, horrible service, horrible parts, horrible reliability. One of the many reasons why Ford's name is quite tarnished here

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Which brings us back to what's wrong with the Ford Escape? ...
    It's a case of "walang dating" and a perfect example of cannibalism within Ford's own lineup.

Like what Egan said, Everest and ecosport both have more bang for the buck.

If you want a small crossover then ecosport, if you want something bigger, Escape sana kaso konting dagdag nalang everest na, diesel pa!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Escape Ecoboost was one of the CUVs we considered but we found it to be lacking in features or internal space compared to the Forester, CX5, and Xtrail. No question with regards to performance of Ford Ecoboost engines but the Forester is a better multi-purpose CUV.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    It's a case of "walang dating" and a perfect example of cannibalism within Ford's own lineup.

Like what Egan said, Everest and ecosport both have more bang for the buck.

If you want a small crossover then ecosport, if you want something bigger, Escape sana kaso konting dagdag nalang everest na, diesel pa!
    The same way the sales of the RAV4 suffered horribly in the local market. Most Pinoys would buy a Fortuner or Innova instead of a near 2M gas-fed CUV.

The Escape and RAV4 do sell well in North America as an alternative to the usual midsize sedan. The ASEAN car market is weak for CUVs and midsize sedans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast