New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Thanks. A little confusing kasi, the brochure mentions "Powershift 6 Speed Automatic".

Alam ko Powershift =/= Automatic hehe
    Powershift 6-speed Automatic is Ford's market name for their dual-clutch tranny or DCT. Their traditional AT tranny is called SelectShift 6-speed Automatic.

VW and Audi calls their dual-clutch tranny as DSG (direct-shift gearbox). Porsche call their DCT as PDK. All other manufacturers have specific market names for their tranny products.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    To think this should have been the easiest to improve upon... hehe
    well it was intentional to give 1 more reason not to get the ambiente the current one looks pretty decent i'd have to say...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thanks. A little confusing kasi, the brochure mentions "Powershift 6 Speed Automatic".

SelectShift dapat for the reliable 6at torque converter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Must have been the brochure for the current (pre-facelift) 2017 EcoSport still being sold in South East Asia.

It's the facelifted 2018 EcoSport that's available with a SelectShift torque converter automatic with +/- manual/sport mode.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Must have been the brochure for the current (pre-facelift) 2017 EcoSport still being sold in South East Asia.

It's the facelifted 2018 EcoSport that's available with a SelectShift torque converter automatic with +/- manual/sport mode.
    Inamin din nila may problema ang DCT nila? Hhhhmmmm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Powershift 6-speed Automatic is Ford's market name for their dual-clutch tranny or DCT. Their traditional AT tranny is called SelectShift 6-speed Automatic.

VW and Audi calls their dual-clutch tranny as DSG (direct-shift gearbox). Porsche call their DCT as PDK. All other manufacturers have specific market names for their tranny products.
    Happy New Year Mga Sir. Ask ko lang po if may issues pa regarding ecosport transmission sa mga latest model nila? Coz Plan to buy the Ecosport A/T instead of New suzuki Vitara.. thank You!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarha View Post
    Happy New Year Mga Sir. Ask ko lang po if may issues pa regarding ecosport transmission sa mga latest model nila? Coz Plan to buy the Ecosport A/T instead of New suzuki Vitara.. thank You!

"may issues pa" meaning that you're hoping that they've fixed it?

the answer is yes, they have fixed it by replacing the whole thing w/ a slushbox

so wait for the facelift if you really want an automatic

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    a light at the end of the tunnel...

it took forever for ford to announce this..

no more DCT

next week perhaps?

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...oads-soon.html

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014

it seems the facelift also changed the rear folding seat design. i'm not sure if it's a good thing coz the pre-facelift is able to swallow this LARGE frame (19-inch) mountain bike:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

it seems the facelift also changed the rear folding seat design. i'm not sure if it's a good thing coz the pre-facelift is able to swallow this LARGE frame (19-inch) mountain bike:

Because of the spare tire?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast