New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    first local review

no rearview camera?

Review: 2016 Ford Focus 1.5 EcoBoost Titanium+ | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Car Features, Car Buyer's Guide and Car Prices.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

first local review

no rearview camera?

http://www.************/2015/11/review-2016-ford-focus-15-ecoboost.html

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    My brother has a fiesta 1.0 ecoboost and i really enjoyed driving it and i never feel tired even after long distance trips of 480+ kms. So how much more with this focus that has bigger body and engine.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If that new 6AT SelectShift tranny is quite quick to change gears and coupled with that amount of torque at low rpm, I think the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost can easily do 7 seconds on a 0-100kmh sprint. I guess it will stay on top as the quickest compact available unless Honda brings in right away the new Civic 1.5L Turbo or VW brings in the Golf/Jetta 1.8L Turbo models.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ive seen a few of the focuses roaming around already. It looks a bit better than the old model and the 180hp engine is quite tempting. There is already a unit in the showroom of Ford BGC if you guys want to check it out. There are a few in the storage lot of Ford Alabang (the one near the BPOs).

Australian reviews peg the 0-100 to 8.5 seconds which is decent and probably as fast as an 86 in the real world.

Ive seen a few of the focuses roaming around already. It looks a bit better than the old model and the 180hp engine is quite tempting. There is already a unit in the showroom of Ford BGC if you guys want to check it out. There are a few in the storage lot of Ford Alabang (the one near the BPOs).

Australian reviews peg the 0-100 to 8.5 seconds which is decent and probably as fast as an 86 in the real world.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    8.5 seconds for a 0-100 kmh is a bit conservative. Though the new Focus is listed as being around 1400+ kg which is heavy for a compact. A DCT tranny might make it quicker but we all know how allergic some people are with Ford's DCT. Euro cars with DCT tranny are quicker than similar models with MT or AT tranny, with the exception of the new 8-speed AT being adapted for performance cars.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    8.5 seconds for a 0-100 kmh is a bit conservative. Though the new Focus is listed as being around 1400+ kg which is heavy for a compact. A DCT tranny might make it quicker but we all know how allergic some people are with Ford's DCT. Euro cars with DCT tranny are quicker than similar models with MT or AT tranny, with the exception of the new 8-speed AT being adapted for performance cars.
    Australian Review
    2016 Ford Focus Trend Review | CarAdvice
    132kw = 180hp
    Its 1366kgs and that is quite heavy but its still faster than any other compact in its price range. Annoyingly the Focus ST costs just a little more than a Focus Ecoboost Titanium in australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Australian Review
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/396013/2016-ford-focus-trend-review/
    132kw = 180hp
    Its 1366kgs and that is quite heavy but its still faster than any other compact in its price range. Annoyingly the Focus ST costs just a little more than a Focus Ecoboost Titanium in australia.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^For a few more thousand, you're already looking at the monster Focus RS with its 350HP 2.3L Ecoboost engine plus AWD and drift capability.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Wala pa bang owners ng focus ecoboost dito?
    Seems like with its price range and the arrival of the new suvs , this car is hard to sell even with all the technology in it

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chiezee View Post
    Wala pa bang owners ng focus ecoboost dito?
    Seems like with its price range and the arrival of the new suvs , this car is hard to sell even with all the technology in it

I already inquired a few weeks back in Ford Makati and they only have the display unit. In OLX, there are already agents offering low DP schemes for it. The base models at 1.088M offers good value for its price, knowing that most other compacts are priced at 1M already. The TOTL Plus models are priced about the same as the TOTL compacts from other brands (Honda's TOTL Civic is even more expensive).

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    The price is competitive indeed within its class. Having been driven the fiesta ecoboost, i was seriously considering this car. But since i haven't received any feedback from owners i ended up reserving for the mazda 3 instead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast