New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    na-release na pala ito locally? saw one kagabi (parang sage green ng FXT ang color) along SLEX Southbound with Ford North Edsa dealer plate.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    na-release na pala ito locally? saw one kagabi (parang sage green ng FXT ang color) along SLEX Southbound with Ford North Edsa dealer plate.
    Interesting, because Ford Philippines has not made any announcements yet, this model hasn't even made its regional ASEAN debut..

Here's Ford Philippines' reply to someone inquiring about arrival of the 2013 Escape on their FB page...
    Hi A***l, we don't have plans of bringing it here yet.
    -March 14, 2013
    Last edited by AG4; March 18th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Interesting, because Ford Philippines has not made any announcements yet, this model hasn't even made its regional ASEAN debut..

Here's Ford Philippines' reply to someone inquiring about arrival of the 2013 Escape on their FB page...
    -March 14, 2013
    My bad it's not Ford North Edsa but it's Balintawak. Actually nagulat ako when I saw it cruising along SLEX since AFAIK di pa siya released dito sa atin. Maybe a gray market unit na nilagyan lang ng local dealer plate? Di ako sure kung may conduction sticker yung unit na nakita ko.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    June or July daw ito this year. Pinapaubos lang daw yung current model, ewan lang kung totoo sinabi ng ahente na nasa gateway. Inaabangan namin ito, pero grabe yung discount ng current model, parang palugi na binebenta ng ford.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The upcoming Escape looks pretty good. The back sort of reminds me of the new Sta. Fe. I'll keep a keen eye on this one.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    My bad it's not Ford North Edsa but it's Balintawak. Actually nagulat ako when I saw it cruising along SLEX since AFAIK di pa siya released dito sa atin. Maybe a gray market unit na nilagyan lang ng local dealer plate? Di ako sure kung may conduction sticker yung unit na nakita ko.
    Maybe what you saw was their "test unit". Baka isa Ito sa mga display ng Ford during the upcoming MIAS.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    June or July daw ito this year. Pinapaubos lang daw yung current model, ewan lang kung totoo sinabi ng ahente na nasa gateway. Inaabangan namin ito, pero grabe yung discount ng current model, parang palugi na binebenta ng ford.
    Any chances the sales agent mixed up the smaller EcoSport and the 2013 Escape/Kuga?

Ford Philippines just posted the link to the new EcoSport FB page a few hours ago. The EcoSport will make its ASEAN debut at the Bangkok Motor Show later this month. (There will be a Live chat on March 25 with Graham Pearson, Small Car Vehicle Line Director of Ford Asia Pacific and Africa)
    Ford EcoSport
    Last edited by AG4; March 21st, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I think so too sir. The agent might be referring to the EcoSport and not the new Escape. I'm hearing that there are no plans to bring the new Escape over. I really hope they do though.

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Any chances the sales agent mixed up the smaller EcoSport and the 2013 Escape/Kuga?

Ford Philippines just posted the link to the new EcoSport FB page a few hours ago. The EcoSport will make its ASEAN debut at the Bangkok Motor Show later this month. (There will be a Live chat on March 25 with Graham Pearson, Small Car Vehicle Line Director of Ford Asia Pacific and Africa)
    Ford EcoSport

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    I think so too sir. The agent might be referring to the EcoSport and not the new Escape. I'm hearing that there are no plans to bring the new Escape over. I really hope they do though.
    EcoSport will arrive end of the year or early 2014.
    The Escape will follow after.
    Straight from the mouth of the President of Ford Philippines:
    To clarify the Escape's fate in our market, we asked Krieger over dinner what the real score is. He said the new Escape will arrive but only after the EcoSport has gained some footing in the market. The reason for this is that Ford doesn't want the two small SUVs to cannibalize each other's sales.
    Ford obviously wants the EcoSport to enjoy a few months of full sales before they bring in other new models.
    Even if you look back at 2012, Ford didn't launch the New Ranger, New Focus and 2013 Mustang at the same time, each car was given their own time in the spotlight.
    Last edited by AG4; March 26th, 2013 at 06:26 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Guys, any latest news? bibili kami ng escape sana, eh kung mare release na to this year, willing to wait. Kelan kaya?

nakausap ko ang Ford Cainta, wala na daw silang Escape XLT, at hindi na daw magkakaroon.

Ibig bang sabihin kaya nun, eh malapit nang ilabas ang 2013 escape?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
2013 Ford Escape (official pics)