New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 189 of 285 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2845
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Going back to the required octane rating for the Explorer, I just checked the manual and it says minimum of 87 octane rating. Is the 87 octane in the US same as our octane rating? Sabi kasi ng kapatid ko alam niya magkaiba daw. Can anyone explain?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    alam ko din mag kaiba not sure kung ano katapat ng 87 octane nila.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Going back to the required octane rating for the Explorer, I just checked the manual and it says minimum of 87 octane rating. Is the 87 octane in the US same as our octane rating? Sabi kasi ng kapatid ko alam niya magkaiba daw. Can anyone explain?
    Their 87 Octane is similar to our 93 Octane. Their 89 is near or slightly lower than our 95 Octane.

US uses the average of RON and MON (Vehicle manufacturer has this data). We use straight RON. Quickest way to compute is to add 5 to the US Rating.

So, for our EX, pwede na talaga ang UNLEADED 93 Octane. Using Unleaded 95 Octane may be better pero it depends what brand since each oil player puts its own additives.

BUYER BEWARE: I would not use Independent Oil Players' if I were you. They source their fuels from different places and with few or no additives. Stick with the top 3 players and kung walang wala TOTAL is ok also.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks dragonexplorer for the info.

So hindi pala pwede ang Shell Fuel Save kasi 91 lang.

My brother said that from his experiences with Ford n BMW, ayaw daw ng casa ng Blaze kasi sobrang high octane. So for his Shelby Mustang, hanggang XCS lang. I wonder why.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonexplorer View Post
    Their 87 Octane is similar to our 93 Octane. Their 89 is near or slightly lower than our 95 Octane.

US uses the average of RON and MON (Vehicle manufacturer has this data). We use straight RON. Quickest way to compute is to add 5 to the US Rating.

So, for our EX, pwede na talaga ang UNLEADED 93 Octane. Using Unleaded 95 Octane may be better pero it depends what brand since each oil player puts its own additives.

BUYER BEWARE: I would not use Independent Oil Players' if I were you. They source their fuels from different places and with few or no additives. Stick with the top 3 players and kung walang wala TOTAL is ok also.
    Have been filling up with fuel from Independent Oil players for several years for our Explorer and other cars. Never experienced any problem. In fact some of the Independent Oil Players supply fuel to the big 3.

FYI: to be specific, I've tried filling up with Seaoil and PTT

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Have been filling up with fuel from Independent Oil players for several years for our Explorer and other cars. Never experienced any problem. In fact some of the Independent Oil Players supply fuel to the big 3.

FYI: to be specific, I've tried filling up with Seaoil and PTT
    i actually like seaoil better than shell and caltex, the problem is there's no seaoil near me. i have to go out of my way if i want to gas up at seaoil.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My unit will be a year old this easter sunday loggin in 7200kms. Haaayyy lugi sa gamit.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    My unit will be a year old this easter sunday loggin in 7200kms. Haaayyy lugi sa gamit.
    Hehe! I rolled in 7,000 kms to have my first 10,000 PMS at FORD Alabang. FORD Alabang charged me P8,072.15. Pwede na rin!

By the way, my EX still has the smell even after the TSB. Most prominent when you are going 140kph at 4k RPM. But slower than that, it's ok.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonexplorer View Post

Hehe! I rolled in 7,000 kms to have my first 10,000 PMS at FORD Alabang. FORD Alabang charged me P8,072.15. Pwede na rin!

By the way, my EX still has the smell even after the TSB. Most prominent when you are going 140kph at 4k RPM. But slower than that, it's ok.
    Mahal my 2005 explorer is just P3850, that includes 5 Liters motorcraft fully synthetic oil, motorcraft oil filter, and motorcraft air cleaner element plus labor, sa Mazford Banawe. Orig motorcraft fuel filter in mazford is just 1200' while orig motorcraft agsf32fm is just 350 a pop sa mazford, though di pala kelangan pala i-replace ang plugs every 60tkm, gago talga mga Ford casas

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    i recently had our family's ford explorer (year model 2008) changed oil from servitek. however the "change oil needed" reminder still keeps popping on the information panel.

how do you remove that? thanks!

rem

2012 New Ford Explorer