New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 184 of 285 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2845
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonexplorer View Post
    Just dropped off my EX for TSB 12-12-4 "EXPLORER EXHAUST SMELL IN CABIN". I hope this will help eliminate the smell completely or if not reduce the smell dramatically. Noticed the smell even at low RPM running at 40-50kph. Good thing I was driving alone. I'll keep you guys posted when I get the EX back next week.
    bro how's the TSB? i badly need it done since the smell is getting worse.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    bro how's the TSB? i badly need it done since the smell is getting worse.
    So I picked up the unit today after leaving it with the dealer over the weekend. Technicians had fun test driving to the limit of the Explorer. Ran for 38 KMs to test it daw. Immediately reported it to the DCRC and she said it was with the blessing of the manager. I will report this incident to FORD Philippines to verify.

Anyhow, the smell after driving for an 1 hour has drastically improved. I drove it hard after leaving the dealer's lot. I pushed the EX to overtake slow-poke trikes, motorcycles and heavy trucks along the way. I did not smell the heavy burnt smell anymore. However, there is still a faint smell of something. Others in the explorerforum refer to it as PERM (pang kulot) smell. This could be the sulfur or not. I don't know. I'll report back after a week or so. I'll also ask wifey when she rides again.

SIDE NOTE: I finally got the Weathertech Digital Liners (1st 2nd 3rd rows) and the EXPLORER lettering from the US. I will post pics this week.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    SIDE NOTE: I finally got the Weathertech Digital Liners (1st 2nd 3rd rows) and the EXPLORER lettering from the US. I will post pics this week.
    Yan din ata yung nabili ko sa Hart International, local distributor of Mother's.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Technicians had fun test driving to the limit of the Explorer. Ran for 38 KMs to test it daw. Immediately reported it to the DCRC and she said it was with the blessing of the manager. I will report this incident to FORD Philippines to verify.
    Test driving for 38 kms , what the **** does he think his testing, an airplane. Kahit race car 1-2 laps lang ang test drive. This technician & his supervisor should be fired for such an abuse of customer's property. Baka ipinasyal pa nila mga kamag-anak nila kaya malayo ang itinakbo.
    Please advise which dealership is this para maiwasan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Test driving for 38 kms , what the **** does he think his testing, an airplane. Kahit race car 1-2 laps lang ang test drive. This technician & his supervisor should be fired for such an abuse of customer's property. Baka ipinasyal pa nila mga kamag-anak nila kaya malayo ang itinakbo.
    Please advise which dealership is this para maiwasan.
    Ok so I was able to talk to the General Manager of Ford Laguna directly. He was well aware that the unit was driven on two separate occasions. On Sat, the first trial was driven on flat provincial highway. The second run, on Monday, was driven on ascending and descending roads to make sure the first run wasn't a fluke.

Honestly, it is difficult to swallow the 38 KMs, but I trust the General Manager since my cousin has known him for a long time. He personally just wanted to make sure that the unit will be turned over to me with an improvement in the cabin smell or otherwise he would have brought the attention to Ford Philippines himself. Nahihiya siya na the P2.6M brand new vehicle is exhibiting a smell in the cabin.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Yan din ata yung nabili ko sa Hart International, local distributor of Mother's.
    Yup, its the same. Nag-inquire ako sa kanila before and for the whole set was around P19,500. Pinabili ko na lang sa brother ko in the US and had it shipped by a consolidator. All in all nasa $315. I still use the OEM Explorer vinyl matting for the 1st and 2nd rows. I still believe mahal itong liners pero in the long run sulit kasi well protected ang carpet ng unit natin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yup, its the same. Nag-inquire ako sa kanila before and for the whole set was around P19,500.
    Aba nag-sale na pala sila. Dati bili ko dyan nasa 24k sa kanila.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Here is my EX with EXPLORER Lettering installed:

Driver Side WeatherTech (OEM vinyl matting removed to show the liner):

2nd Row WeatherTech with OEM vinyl matting on top:

I got lazy in removing the baby car seat so I hadn't gotten the chance to take the 3rd row.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ganda ng pag ka fit. saktong sakto talaga. kaya gustong gusto ko yan weather tech eh kahit na mahal.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    ganda ng pag ka fit. saktong sakto talaga. kaya gustong gusto ko yan weather tech eh kahit na mahal.
    Bili na! Hehe

*dragonexplorer: Decal ba yung Explorer lettering? Mukha ng Range Rover hehe

2012 New Ford Explorer