New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 280 of 285 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2845
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    you can use thicker oils for towing..

FOCUS
    It would be best to check the manual. Putting thicker than recommended oil may have some impact on fuel efficiency and engine response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    some engines dont overheat like mine kasi i always drive along highways. and the condenser fan is cooling the engine because ac is at max cooling. overheat situation only occurs if the water pump fails.

did you clean the maf sensor na?

thermostat housing is easy to find. just follow where the hoses of the radiator go to. one is on the top, on is on the bottom. youll need a 1/2drive socket wrench set.

FOCUS
    Oh okay. Will have it replaced then. Also thinking of doing another change oil but would do flushing to be sure.

Havent cleaned the maf sensor yet..

Thank you for all the tips! Appreciate it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ford Ecoboost engines require low viscosity fully synthetic oil. I think you can’t use anything thicker than 5w30.

Im using 5w30 from FrdMaz1.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnubla View Post
    Oh okay. Will have it replaced then. Also thinking of doing another change oil but would do flushing to be sure.

Since you are using that 5w30 FS oil, I guess checking that MAF sensor will be the first thing to do. I use that same FS oil for both my Fiesta Ecoboost and FXT, no issues with it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

no need to flush the engine oil imo especially for a 60,000km engine. just change sa next interval, drain and fill lng.

FOCUS

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    no need to flush the engine oil imo especially for a 60,000km engine. just change sa next interval, drain and fill lng.

FOCUS
    Already had the engine oil changed again including the oil filter this morning. We also checked the MAF and the cooling system at FrdMaz1 and there is nothing wrong.

Unfortunately, still same problem. The engine really feels heavy like it needs a change oil or replace the air filter. It feels like there is a heavy load. Need to push the RPM to 2000 to get the usual torque.

At a lost now...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Already had the engine oil changed again including the oil filter this morning. We also checked the MAF and the cooling system at FrdMaz1 and there is nothing wrong.

Unfortunately, still same problem. The engine really feels heavy like it needs a change oil or replace the air filter. It feels like there is a heavy load. Need to push the RPM to 2000 to get the usual torque.

At a lost now...
    im here in fronte. pachange din ako thermostat hehehe. did they use a scanner on your engine?

FOCUS

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    We told you so ... it's not the engine oil ... nor the filter ... have you checked the transmission oil and differential oil? ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006

At a lost now...
    Please have your turbocharger checked, just to be sure. I'm hoping it's not cracked or something.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Please have your turbocharger checked, just to be sure. I'm hoping it's not cracked or something.
    I replaced the spark plugs this morning and the drive significantly improved!

Acceleration is better and more responsive.

However there are times.that i feel its still a little sluggish.

Not sure if im getting paranoid but normally should the RPM reach 2000 or should it only play around 1500? Sometimes during breaks or slow down i need to step on the gas more. The idling also moves, i mean i can see the needle shaking from time to time.

2012 New Ford Explorer