New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 185 of 285 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2845
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    pag balik ko na states bibili ako para mas mura.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Bili na! Hehe

*dragonexplorer: Decal ba yung Explorer lettering? Mukha ng Range Rover hehe
    OEM Lettering siya for 2013 Ford Explorer Sport variant. Nabili ko sa states online and shipped to Manila via myshoppingbox.com. Ung sa WeatherTech, shipped via a consolidator. Good rate nabigay ng consolidator sakin * $95 para sa lahat ng 3 boxes each measuring 5" x 25" x 30.5".

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, Dragonexplorer was kind enough to invite me to the forum.

I have just bought a new Explorer, and discovered the smell issue after owning the car for 24 hours and having driven only around 150km down south, when my baby boy started coughing in the rear.

I rapidly escalated the issue to the two most senior people in Ford here in the Philippines.

The car was taken back and both TSB's applied. These have been discussed in other threads I believe. The TSB's did improve the issue slightly, according to the president of Ford Philippines, who drove the car himself. He requested to keep the vehicle for another while to ensure the issue is completely fixed before giving the car back to me.

Whilst I am (like many of you are) quite dissatisfied with buying a new car, and having exhaust fumes (and possibly noxious gases) entering the cabin, I have to say that Ford Philippines does seem to take the issue quite seriously, which I am proud of.

I'll keep you all updated on progress made - I hope for a speedy resolution and a documented fix (developed here in the Philippines) that could be shared for the benefit of all.

Cheers, R

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rootersPH View Post
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, Dragonexplorer was kind enough to invite me to the forum.

I have just bought a new Explorer, and discovered the smell issue after owning the car for 24 hours and having driven only around 150km down south, when my baby boy started coughing in the rear.

I rapidly escalated the issue to the two most senior people in Ford here in the Philippines.

The car was taken back and both TSB's applied. These have been discussed in other threads I believe. The TSB's did improve the issue slightly, according to the president of Ford Philippines, who drove the car himself. He requested to keep the vehicle for another while to ensure the issue is completely fixed before giving the car back to me.

Whilst I am (like many of you are) quite dissatisfied with buying a new car, and having exhaust fumes (and possibly noxious gases) entering the cabin, I have to say that Ford Philippines does seem to take the issue quite seriously, which I am proud of.

I'll keep you all updated on progress made - I hope for a speedy resolution and a documented fix (developed here in the Philippines) that could be shared for the benefit of all.

Cheers, R
    Welcome to the club rootersPH

So far I've never encountered the smell issue. Ilan rpm ba para lumabas yung burning smell? Hindi kasi ako madiin tumapak sa gas. I usually try to maintain at 2,500 rpm the most If I don't encounter that burning smell, I guess it's ok to ignore this matter?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Welcome to the club rootersPH

So far I've never encountered the smell issue. Ilan rpm ba para lumabas yung burning smell? Hindi kasi ako madiin tumapak sa gas. I usually try to maintain at 2,500 rpm the most If I don't encounter that burning smell, I guess it's ok to ignore this matter?
    The smell is very noticeable between 3,000 and 4,500 RPM, especially when overtaking slow vehicles or when you do abrupt acceleration.

I think if you haven't noticed the smell at all, then ok naman siguro.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sa akin once i hit 4k sigurado mag kakaron. but bellow never naman. try to rev it higher 3ple4 kasi baka meron ka mas mabuti na ma paayos mo habang under warranty pa baka kasi pag tagal tagal maging problema yan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    pag balik ko na states bibili ako para mas mura.
    Bro, just a suggestion. why not call everyone na gustong magpabili din for their explo then you can make some profit
    aside malibre pa yun sa iyo. I mean all accessories for explo, I for one is interested, cgurado marami pa dyan may gusto din
    for their explo na sa US pa lang available or napakamahal pa dito.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Bro, just a suggestion. why not call everyone na gustong magpabili din for their explo then you can make some profit
    aside malibre pa yun sa iyo. I mean all accessories for explo, I for one is interested, cgurado marami pa dyan may gusto din
    for their explo na sa US pa lang available or napakamahal pa dito.
    tingnan ko bro pag dating ko don, madalas kasi madami pa dala pa uwi parents ko mga pasalubong. sa may pa naman punta ko don. if willing to wait pwede pa ship niyo sa bahay ko don tapos pa door to door ko na lang dito.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I guess an important consideration we should all remember is this. When you do smell something under acceleration, it is usually as a result of the catalytic converter(s) heating up, and giving off a peculiar smell and that smell is harmless. It is Carbon Monoxide that your should be worried about. .

Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, tasteless and odorless gas that is given off as part of the chemical reaction that takes place in an internal combustion engine and is contained in exhaust fumes. You WILL NOT smell CO. CO is a highly toxic gas to humans and animals. Just be mindful of this. If you can smell the catalytic converters it may mean that exhaust fumes are entering the cabin of your vehicle. This is very dangerous.

As an update, there are now a team of Ford engineers working on my vehicle, and so far the success has been limited to only a reduction in the smell but not a complete elimination. That means that exhaust fumes are still entering the cabin. I am hopeful and confident that it will be resolved as this case is being handled by the most senior people in Ford.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi, longtime no post from me here.

Just want to share: on my 10000km PMS, I asked my SA to have the DRL enabled on my explorer... they just connected their computer, changed setting on the BCM and have the DRL enabled. Now whenever the engine is on and transmission not in Park, the front amber lights are always on. I have been wanting to have this mode enabled (got the idea from US explorer forum) but I timed it with my PMS so that there will be no extra charge.

I am not sure but I noticed that the amber lights are brighter compared to when the DRL was not enabled.

2012 New Ford Explorer