New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Teaser shots of the new 2010 Mustang (major facelift/reskin)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    GT(?)

GT500 Convertible

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    New Spy photos....

GT Coupe

V6 Convertible

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The 2010 Mustang

Initially, it will use carryover engines, the V6 still makes 210hp, while the V8 gains an extra 15hp to make a total of 315hp.
    The platform/basic body structure is still based on the outgoing Mustang.
    The suspension (still with a live axle at the back) has been retuned to offer better ride and handling. All models get bigger wheels.

Prices start at $21,845 for the V6 model...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Photos of the 2010 Mustang from LA (in Sunset Gold Metallic)

-Jalopnik

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

-MT

Following the introduction of the 2010 Ford Mustang at the LA Auto Show in November, Ford today official revealed the more potent Shelby GT500 edition, ahead of its expected debut at the Detroit auto show next month. Powered by a 540 horsepower 5.4-liter V8, the new Shelby is more powerful than its predecessor by 40 horses.

Ford says its Special Vehicle Team (SVT) division carried over the gains made with the special edition Shelby GT500KR to the more widely produced Shelby model. The new GT500 also gains the GT500KR’s whopping 510 pound-feet of torque.

“Working together on the KR, the Ford and Shelby teams developed new systems to continually improve the iconic Mustang,” stated Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “Those lessons learned are incorporated into the 2010 Shelby GT500. This approach will help maintain Mustang’s leadership position at the front of the pack and make the ownership experience even more enjoyable.”

New gearbox enhancements, plus a standard 3.55:1 rear axle ratio, decreased drag, and increased downforce mean the 2010 Shelby GT500 will deliver improved acceleration, while providing 2 mpg of additional highway fuel efficiency.

“The muscle car segment is becoming even more competitive,” said Jamal Hameedi, chief nameplate engineer for SVT. “We need to uphold the Mustang badge with honor, the Shelby badge with honor and most importantly the Ford badge with honor. The 2010 GT500 is the car that will do all of that.”

The supercharged and intercooled V8, featuring dual overhead cams, redlines at 6,250 rpm.

The twin-disc clutch on the six-speed manual transmission has been upgraded, yielding better performance. The clutch discs are larger — 250 mm in diameter compared with 215 mm — and made of copper and fiberglass for increased strength.

Revised gear ratios promise better acceleration and economy. Gears 1 through 4 remain the same, but fifth gear changes from .80 to .74 while sixth gear goes from .63 to .50, meaning that the 2010 Shelby GT500 will turn lower engine RPMs in those gears and deliver improved efficiency. The new final drive ratio, from 3.31 to 3.55, enables the improved acceleration in lower gears.

Engineers reportedly paid extra attention to improving cabin noise. “You still hear the supercharger but not so that it’s intrusive,” said Kerry Baldori, chief functional engineer for SVT. “It’s the same with the exhaust. You want people to know you’re driving something special, but you don’t want an exhaust note that overpowers the whole interior.”

New lightweight wheels, optimized springs and dampers, Goodyear F1 Supercar tires, and a stiffer steering shaft all promise to enhance handling.

Other features include AdvanceTrac stability control (which can be disabled), dual stage front air bags, side-impact air bags, Ford SYNC, 911 Assist, a constantly updated Vehicle Health Report (VHR), and an Ambient Lighting System with MyColor.’ Voice-activated navigation with Sirius Travel Link is optional.
    -LLN

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Vaughn Gittin Jr. Drifts his 2010 Ford Mustang at Bihoku Circuit....

Vaughn hits the streets of Osaka in the Mustang: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ZwKjbuNY0&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Vaughn hits the streets of Osaka in the Mustang[/ame]
    Vaughn gets the Mustang on the Bihoku Circuit!: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1oQ1k2xUOw&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Vaughn gets the Mustang on the Bihoku Circuit![/ame]
    Vaughn highlights the Ford Racing modifications to his Mustang: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UfMeBGc_ZI&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Vaughn highlights the Ford Racing modifications to his Mustang.[/ame]
    Mustang Drifting at Bihoku: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeaSrLiTE4"]YouTube - Mustang Drifting at Bihoku[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I hope the build quality has improved with this new model. I'd like to buy one but I keep recalling the lousy build quality of the Shelby version that I drove in San Francisco. Just here on base they have 4-5 of the 2009 Shelby Mustangs waiting to be sold at a great price and financing but nobody is buying.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I hope the build quality has improved with this new model. I'd like to buy one but I keep recalling the lousy build quality of the Shelby version that I drove in San Francisco.
    Based on the initial reviews/road tests of the 2010 Mustang, the fit, finish and interior build quality has improved.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    cool!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2010 Mustang