New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    kailan pa ba binenta focus dito sa pinas? mga what year po?

i have an interest din sa car na ito, hows the performance+FC+comments nila dito sir? any ideas? :D pero don't get me wrong, im not buying one

*parakitoJDM
    nako sir naguluhan ako hahaha pero kung yung new focus eh muka ng fiesta, siguro baka eto na gawing newer model instead na facelift di kaya? hehe. i have no idea din what's the MK you guys are saying
    ser Burai, i think the just face-lifted Focus should still be pretty much-in for about 2years... so i think its still worth to buy it.

i think the MK designation means model generation. MK1 being First Generation, MK2 second and so forth (which btw was launched 2006 in Pinas). and the MK2.5 (with the Facelift + dash upgrade) just October of 2008 right...

kung kaya i -stretch ang budget for the TDCi, yun na lang kunin mo. and with some Chip (ECU tune) fm. Germany, the Power could easily be boosted to 170bHP. then the current Torque monster would really be a beast.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    MK2 second and so forth (which btw was launched 2006 in Pinas). and the MK2.5 (with the Facelift + dash upgrade) just October of 2008 right...
    The Mk2 Focus was launched here August 2005 with a minor refresh in 2007 (the year the TDCi model was first introduced in the country).
    The MK2.5 (Kinetic Design facelift) was launched to the public in November 2008 (October launch was private/for the media).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    From the other Focus thread...

hindi ba ito yung Focus Coupe?? this one will do battle with VW Scirocco in Europe...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    hindi ba ito yung Focus Coupe?? this one will do battle with VW Scirocco in Europe...
    Yes, its an artist's impression of the rumored Focus Coupe which probably isn't even a real coupe.
    They might be doing something like the Opel Astra and Renault Mégane in which the 3-door hatchback "coupe" models have a sleeker roofline than the 5-door hatchback models.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    PS: One of the engines the next Focus might be getting is the new 1.6liter EcoBoost which could possibly mated to a dual clutch PowerShift transmission.
    Checked the ford dealership here in Qatar yesterday, yung ford focus nila na MK2.5 nakapowershift(+,-) na tapos 1.6 liter, lalabas din kaya to sa pinas? or sa MK3 na sya ilalabas? sobrang mura ng kotse dito..ung focus na full options na sedan parang nasa 750k lang...1.6l with powershift..kelan kaya bababa presyo ng kotse sa pinas? hay

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dohasnapper View Post
    Checked the ford dealership here in Qatar yesterday, yung ford focus nila na MK2.5 nakapowershift(+,-) na tapos 1.6 liter, lalabas din kaya to sa pinas? or sa MK3 na sya ilalabas? sobrang mura ng kotse dito..ung focus na full options na sedan parang nasa 750k lang...1.6l with powershift..kelan kaya bababa presyo ng kotse sa pinas? hay
    Are you sure its not the regular 4-speed "Durashift" Automatic?
    http://www.me.ford.com/servlet/Conte...=FME&c=DFYPage

As far as I know, the shifter of the regular 4-speed (Durashift) automatic and the 6-speed dual-clutch Powershift transmission look identical, both have (+,-) mode.

PS: Base engine for the current RP spec Focus is the FFV E20 capable 1.8 liter Duratec.

I read that one of the first cars to use the Powershift transmission designed for gasoline models is the 2011 USDM Ford Fiesta (which will be avialable early 2010).
    I guess we can also expect the next gen gasoline Focus models to get the Powershift transmission option.
    Last edited by AG4; May 13th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Are you sure its not the regular 4-speed "Durashift" Automatic?
    http://www.me.ford.com/servlet/Conte...=FME&c=DFYPage

As far as I know, the shifter of the regular 4-speed (Durashift) automatic and the 6-speed dual-clutch Powershift transmission look identical, both have (+,-) mode.

PS: Base engine for the current RP spec Focus is the FFV E20 capable 1.8 liter Duratec.

I read that one of the first cars to use the Powershift transmission designed for gasoline models is the 2011 USDM Ford Fiesta (which will be avialable early 2010).
    I guess we can also expect the next gen gasoline Focus models to get the Powershift transmission option.
    Ah..not sure..sorry..pero 1.6 liter na sha..that i'm sure..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    time to update this Thread.....
    is going to have the same power as the bigger displacement Hyundai R-Series engine of 2.2li vs. this at 2.0li.

nicely done Ford....labas na labas na 'yan!

Ford's new Focus family
    Ford aims to take its next top-seller to a whole new level – and we have all the amazing details.

Check out the most Focused family in motoring! In a world exclusive, Auto Express has brought together every variant of Ford’s all-new Focus line-up – giving you a sneak peek at what’s set to become the UK’s best compact family car range.

When it makes its debut next year, the MkIII Focus family will offer something for everyone – from a stylish five-door hatchback to a head-turning SUV, as well as a stunning RS super-hatch.

And it’s no surprise that Ford is pulling out all the stops. Not only has the new Focus got to take on VW’s Golf and the Vauxhall Astra, it also has to attract a worldwide audience. As with the Fiesta supermini, the car is a true global product.

Taking its inspiration from the Iosis Max concept seen at March’s Geneva Motor Show, the styling of the new Focus will be more edgy than rivals, but retains its mass-market appeal. Under the skin is Ford’s latest C-segment platform. This is essentially a reworked version of the current model’s underpinnings, but should ensure the Focus stays at the top of the class for handling.

A new range of EcoBoost turbo petrol engines will be available, as will updated TDCi diesels. The former includes 89bhp or 108bhp 1.0-litre units and a 170bhp 1.6. Diesel fans can choose from a 128bhp 1.6 or a 2.0-litre with 168bhp or 197bhp.

Taking its position at the head of the pack will be an all-new Focus RS. To keep weight and costs down without affecting performance, Ford engineers will carry over the existing model’s front-wheel-drive layout.

However, the thirsty 2.5-litre five-cylinder turbo unit is to be dropped in favour of a more efficient 2.0-litre EcoBoost turbo. This should deliver more than the current 301bhp.

If style is a greater priority than speed, there’s also a pair of trendy Focus-based models. Using the three-door, due early in 2011, as a starting point, the new four-seat Focus CC will stick with a folding hard-top and take the fight to established rivals such as the Peugeot 308 CC and VW Eos when it arrives late that year.

Ford is even cranking up the style on the Kuga. A five-door successor to the current compact SUV arrives in 2011, but it will be joined by a more elegant three-door variant.

This gets muscular proportions reminiscent of the Iosis X concept displayed at the 2006 Paris Motor Show, and will be offered with a choice of front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive. The same line-up of EcoBoost petrol and TDCi diesel units will be available in both versions of the Kuga, but in a first for the SUV range they will be hooked up to Ford’s Powershift twin-clutch transmission.

Completing the new Focus line-up will be a cavernous estate, a stylish saloon and the C-MAX compact MPV. The latter will be the first model in the range to arrive, and is one of the most eagerly awaited new car launches of 2010. It promises a versatile interior, with a premium-quality feel, a raft of hi-tech kit and a wraparound layout.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    Ford's new Focus family
    Ford aims to take its next top-seller to a whole new level – and we have all the amazing details.

Check out the most Focused family in motoring! In a world exclusive, Auto Express has brought together every variant of Ford’s all-new Focus line-up – giving you a sneak peek at what’s set to become the UK’s best compact family car range.
    For those wondering about the oddly shaped rear door/rear window on the car above, thats because its just a chop based on the Grand C-Max.

The 2011 Ford Grand C-Max should give us a preview of the upcoming Focus' design language.
    The Grand C-Max is a compact 7-seater MPV based on the same platform as the Focus.
    Last edited by AG4; December 3rd, 2009 at 07:02 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2010 Ford Focus aka MK