New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Maganda talaga sya grabe!!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    mron po ba d2 merong 2009 na 1.8 hatch? d ko kasi afford tong tdci..though mukhang maganda nga tlga..ok nba ung 1.8 hatch? san best place bumili? mga mgkno kaya discount? freebies?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeanie View Post
    our MA is at 23k for 60 months. Ok na rin sa amin yon since pasok naman sa budget namin yon. We really started looking at first sa Focus 1.8 Hatchback. It also has better engine, better handling, great features and a great price. I think the Focus 1.8 is better than the Civic 1.8. The Focus TDCI was just so tempting lang talaga kaya we ended up taking it. We really didn't have that big sum for a downpayment but we were willing to pay a large monthly since may car allowance naman from my company.

Took na the car for a drive to Pakil, Laguna. Its just a two hour drive from Manila and we passed through the twisting mountain roads of Rizal. The drive of the Focus TDCi is very solid indeed. Excellent engine and brakes. At sa long straight ways, talagang matulin yung kotse. One can easily reach 160kmh without feeling it. Walang shake sa steering even at those speeds. I am impressed! Add this to the excellent mileage you get. 18 km/l! I expect this to get even better as I rake in the mileage.

If you compute the total payment you made, you end up paying almost 1.6M for the car. Even with the free insurance, LTO, chattel, tint and matting, mahal pa din. But that's the catch w/ in house financing. Kala mo nakatipid ka but diyan mas malaki kita nila.

I'd say, good choice of car, but not so smart with the financing deal. Enjoy the car.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    this rant could not wait. for the first time, my chill metallic focus tdci disappointed me. my dad borrowed the car again this morning because they plan to go to manaoag during holy week. his driver noted that the right front tire was flat and decided to change it. what they saw in the spare tire compartment was simply unacceptable. the spare tire looked like it was taken from an owner type jeep. pictures to follow but the tire was really horrible. the magwheel was factory black and the width was smaller than the ones fitted in the car. it had no place in an above 1 million priced car. to the other owners of the 09 tdci, kindly check your spare if we share the same sentiment. if we do, then a formal complaint to ford is in order. talk about taking cost cutting to the next level!
    You should have known about this even before you bought the car. Hindi lang naman Focus ang ganyan, as some have said even Mazda and other car makes make use of 'donut' type spares. Kahit mga high end brands.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    this rant could not wait. for the first time, my chill metallic focus tdci disappointed me. my dad borrowed the car again this morning because they plan to go to manaoag during holy week. his driver noted that the right front tire was flat and decided to change it. what they saw in the spare tire compartment was simply unacceptable. the spare tire looked like it was taken from an owner type jeep. pictures to follow but the tire was really horrible. the magwheel was factory black and the width was smaller than the ones fitted in the car. it had no place in an above 1 million priced car. to the other owners of the 09 tdci, kindly check your spare if we share the same sentiment. if we do, then a formal complaint to ford is in order. talk about taking cost cutting to the next level!
    You should have known about this even before you bought the car. Hindi lang naman Focus ang ganyan, as some have said even Mazda and other car makes make use of 'donut' type spares. Kahit mga high end brands.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Tama po, ganyan po sadya yung ibang spare tires.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ok lang donut type spare tire. it saves space and weight yun lang wala ka ka spare na magwheel . pero bakit maxxis yun brand? korean brand ba yun?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    our suzuki swift has the same "krispy kreme" spare tire

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    If you compute the total payment you made, you end up paying almost 1.6M for the car. Even with the free insurance, LTO, chattel, tint and matting, mahal pa din. But that's the catch w/ in house financing. Kala mo nakatipid ka but diyan mas malaki kita nila.

I'd say, good choice of car, but not so smart with the financing deal. Enjoy the car.
    Money was not our concern naman eh since yung monthly amortization payments ay sagot ng company. Kung money savings ang priority namin, syempre maghahanap kami ng mas magandang financing deal. Its truly a great car. Such a joy to drive!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Just got our infra red 1.8 hatchback from ford alabang last May 12. Real nice.

2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift