New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Visit fordclubph.com. Hindi ka na magiging lonely. Daming Focus TDCI owners doon. My son-in law has one. Ni-Unichip, bigger intercooler, bigger pipes, twin exhaust, etc. Dyno'ed at 138 hp on the wheels (naka 18s na kasi siya). But torque is a bulldozer-like 320 ft.lbs at only 1,800 rpm.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    But torque is a bulldozer-like 320 ft.lbs at only 1,800 rpm.
    320 ft.lbs? or 320 Nm?
    If thats the actual torque figure, thats one heck of an upgrade.

The stock Focus TDCi's 2.0 liter diesel produces 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of Torque.
    With overboost it produces 340 Nm (around 251 lb-ft).

PS: 320 lb-ft = 433.4 Nm

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeanie View Post
    Hello everyone! I just want to share my excitement. Our new Ford Focus TDCi will be delivered tomorrow at ngayon pa lang di na ako makatulog in anticipation. Color panther black and we got it from Ford Libis. They have a 200K downpayment promo till the end of March! Kasama na duon ang free insurance, free chattel, free lto registration, matting, and tint. All in all, I think nasa mga 110k ang nakuha kong discount!!! With that, the Focus TDCi's price is lowered to Php 1,069,000.00! Not bad at all!!! With the savings you get in fuel consumption, mapapangiti ka talaga sa bawat tapak sa gas pedal. My agent told me na malapit na ulit mag price increase ang Ford and the best time to get the unit is now. We were suppose to get pa this June but with the great downpayment promo ng Ford Libis, we grabbed the opportunity na. Nakakatawa lang, my agent, Melissa (cell # 09272732377) decided not to give me the free seat cover since leather na yung seats ng tdci. Maybe free wind visors na lang ang kapalit. hehehe pushing my luck!!!!!

I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
    magkano lumalabas na MA? mataas ata rate nila pag inhouse.. di mo rin masasabi na may discounts kasi pinatong lang nila sa monthly. i also talked to melissa, di niya kaya ibaba sa 25% and 48-month term.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    magkano lumalabas na MA? mataas ata rate nila pag inhouse.. di mo rin masasabi na may discounts kasi pinatong lang nila sa monthly. i also talked to melissa, di niya kaya ibaba sa 25% and 48-month term.
    our MA is at 23k for 60 months. Ok na rin sa amin yon since pasok naman sa budget namin yon. We really started looking at first sa Focus 1.8 Hatchback. It also has better engine, better handling, great features and a great price. I think the Focus 1.8 is better than the Civic 1.8. The Focus TDCI was just so tempting lang talaga kaya we ended up taking it. We really didn't have that big sum for a downpayment but we were willing to pay a large monthly since may car allowance naman from my company.

Took na the car for a drive to Pakil, Laguna. Its just a two hour drive from Manila and we passed through the twisting mountain roads of Rizal. The drive of the Focus TDCi is very solid indeed. Excellent engine and brakes. At sa long straight ways, talagang matulin yung kotse. One can easily reach 160kmh without feeling it. Walang shake sa steering even at those speeds. I am impressed! Add this to the excellent mileage you get. 18 km/l! I expect this to get even better as I rake in the mileage.

My dog Aragorn.... probably thinking of "blessing" the new car.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    this rant could not wait. for the first time, my chill metallic focus tdci disappointed me. my dad borrowed the car again this morning because they plan to go to manaoag during holy week. his driver noted that the right front tire was flat and decided to change it. what they saw in the spare tire compartment was simply unacceptable. the spare tire looked like it was taken from an owner type jeep. pictures to follow but the tire was really horrible. the magwheel was factory black and the width was smaller than the ones fitted in the car. it had no place in an above 1 million priced car. to the other owners of the 09 tdci, kindly check your spare if we share the same sentiment. if we do, then a formal complaint to ford is in order. talk about taking cost cutting to the next level!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    this rant could not wait. for the first time, my chill metallic focus tdci disappointed me. my dad borrowed the car again this morning because they plan to go to manaoag during holy week. his driver noted that the right front tire was flat and decided to change it. what they saw in the spare tire compartment was simply unacceptable. the spare tire looked like it was taken from an owner type jeep. pictures to follow but the tire was really horrible. the magwheel was factory black and the width was smaller than the ones fitted in the car. it had no place in an above 1 million priced car. to the other owners of the 09 tdci, kindly check your spare if we share the same sentiment. if we do, then a formal complaint to ford is in order. talk about taking cost cutting to the next level!
    Actually, there's nothing really to complain about, its called a space saver tire.
    The one in the Focus is a T125/85R16 (well at least thats the size on the pre-facelift model), the "T" at the beginning means its "Temporary".

This was done to increase the cargo room by lowering the cargo floor, this is only possible with a narrow space saver tire.

PS: According to the Mazda spec sheets, even the Mazda 3 and the P1.499M Mazda 6 come with a space saver/mini spare tire.
    Last edited by AG4; April 3rd, 2009 at 02:29 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    donut tire po ang tawag diyan. kahit ang focus tdci ko na MT ay ganyan din ang spare tire. suwerte pa nga tayo hadil meron spare tire kahit papano. yung kaibigan ko na bumili ng bagong BMW ay walang kasamang spare tire.

ganito spare tire ng focus TDCI ko:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Actually, there's nothing really to complain about, its called a space saver tire.
    The one in the Focus is a T125/85R16 (well at least thats the size on the pre-facelift model), the "T" at the beginning means its "Temporary".

This was done to increase the cargo room by lowering the cargo floor, this is only possible with a narrow space saver tire.

PS: According to the Mazda spec sheets, even the Mazda 3 and the P1.499M Mazda 6 come with a space saver/mini spare tire.
    Buti nga black yung donut nung focus. Bright yellow ata yung sa mazda 3

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeanie View Post
    our MA is at 23k for 60 months. Ok na rin sa amin yon since pasok naman sa budget namin yon. We really started looking at first sa Focus 1.8 Hatchback. It also has better engine, better handling, great features and a great price. I think the Focus 1.8 is better than the Civic 1.8. The Focus TDCI was just so tempting lang talaga kaya we ended up taking it. We really didn't have that big sum for a downpayment but we were willing to pay a large monthly since may car allowance naman from my company.

Took na the car for a drive to Pakil, Laguna. Its just a two hour drive from Manila and we passed through the twisting mountain roads of Rizal. The drive of the Focus TDCi is very solid indeed. Excellent engine and brakes. At sa long straight ways, talagang matulin yung kotse. One can easily reach 160kmh without feeling it. Walang shake sa steering even at those speeds. I am impressed! Add this to the excellent mileage you get. 18 km/l! I expect this to get even better as I rake in the mileage.

My dog Aragorn.... probably thinking of "blessing" the new car.
    Sir, Congrats. Ganda ng focus niyo ah. And you chose a nice color.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Visit http://forum.fordclubph.com/ and see what the guys their did to their TDCIs.

2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift