New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    bro skyline ayos ah balot na balot pa yung black tdci mo. i removed the plastic from mine 2 days after we got it from the dealership. hirap kasi umupo with plastic on the seats. anyways my FC is also around that range 10-11km/L. keep in mind that my driving style as of late has been more on the heavy footed side. i read somewhere that new units would average around that area and will eventually improve to the usual 17km/L as the car gets more mileage. the DOE FC test conducted saw the Focus averaging 23 km/L. Magic FC numbers if you ask me but i'm still equally happy if ever i hit the 17 km/L FC. though i'm not so sure whether it's the pre-facelift or the 2009 model that they used in the test. my focus was released last friday and my dad filled it up. fuel gauge right now is at 1/4 level left but that already includes back and forth trips to Batangas, a trip to Tiendesitas and GH last Monday, trips to SM North then Araneta last Wednesday and regular trips to UDMC where i have my residency and UST to pick up or bring stuff to my sister. Point of reference is my starting point is somewhere in West Avenue. i'm really enjoying the car right now. most of my friends whom i've given a ride on the car can't believe that a diesel engine runs under the hood because it's very well insulated from inside. even from outside, the diesel growl is not that obvious. now to be on the biased side, here a some points i noticed while driving the 2009 tdci model. comparing it to the ride comfort of my brother's Civic 1.8s, I'd have to say the Civic wins in this department. i don't know how to describe but i think it's more about feeling the humming of the diesel engine while idle or in buper to bumper traffic. the Civic is more muted or mild mannered in that aspect being a gas engine. next up, it was mentioned here before that when you close the doors of the tdci, you get the impression thats it's not fully closed basing from the sound it makes when being closed. i also noticed that Ford Philippines decided to remove the usb slot seen in the Asian (specifically China version of this car.) and instead of aux positioned in the center glove compartment, it was placed awkwardly in the glove compartment on the passenger side. so there, i tired to be biased as much as i can commenting on the complaints about the TDCi.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mabuti pa ang Taiwan yung 1.8 at 2.0 gas versions ng Sedan at Hatch nila ay may Powershift A/T option(may 2.0 TDCI Ghia Powershift din sila..)...Tayo hanggang Sport hatch lang..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Mabuti pa ang Taiwan yung 1.8 at 2.0 gas versions ng Sedan at Hatch nila ay may Powershift A/T option(may 2.0 TDCI Ghia Powershift din sila..)...Tayo hanggang Sport hatch lang..
    No, in Taiwan the new "Kinetic Design" facelift Focus is called "FocusPowershift".
    I checked the specs in their official website, the Taiwan spec gas Focus models still use a 4-speed auto (with sequential sport shift) just like the RP spec models.
    Here's an example (translated to english), this one is for the "FocusPowershift Ghia 1.8"
    1.8 Duratec-HE DOHC 16V aluminum alloy engine
    Sequential Sport Shift 四速手自排 Sequential Sport Shift four-speed automatic
    Only the TDCI hatchcback and TDCi sedan use the 6-speed dual-clutch Powershift transmission.

So far the only confirmed gasoline Ford model that will be getting a Powershift transmission is the upcoming USDM Fiesta 1.6 which will go on sale in early 2010.
    http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta/

I guess we can expect the next gen gasoline Focus models to receive this option too.
    Last edited by AG4; December 23rd, 2008 at 01:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    bro skyline ayos ah balot na balot pa yung black tdci mo. i removed the plastic from mine 2 days after we got it from the dealership. hirap kasi umupo with plastic on the seats. anyways my FC is also around that range 10-11km/L. keep in mind that my driving style as of late has been more on the heavy footed side. i read somewhere that new units would average around that area and will eventually improve to the usual 17km/L as the car gets more mileage. the DOE FC test conducted saw the Focus averaging 23 km/L. Magic FC numbers if you ask me but i'm still equally happy if ever i hit the 17 km/L FC. though i'm not so sure whether it's the pre-facelift or the 2009 model that they used in the test. my focus was released last friday and my dad filled it up. fuel gauge right now is at 1/4 level left but that already includes back and forth trips to Batangas, a trip to Tiendesitas and GH last Monday, trips to SM North then Araneta last Wednesday and regular trips to UDMC where i have my residency and UST to pick up or bring stuff to my sister. Point of reference is my starting point is somewhere in West Avenue. i'm really enjoying the car right now. most of my friends whom i've given a ride on the car can't believe that a diesel engine runs under the hood because it's very well insulated from inside. even from outside, the diesel growl is not that obvious. now to be on the biased side, here a some points i noticed while driving the 2009 tdci model. comparing it to the ride comfort of my brother's Civic 1.8s, I'd have to say the Civic wins in this department. i don't know how to describe but i think it's more about feeling the humming of the diesel engine while idle or in buper to bumper traffic. the Civic is more muted or mild mannered in that aspect being a gas engine. next up, it was mentioned here before that when you close the doors of the tdci, you get the impression thats it's not fully closed basing from the sound it makes when being closed. i also noticed that Ford Philippines decided to remove the usb slot seen in the Asian (specifically China version of this car.) and instead of aux positioned in the center glove compartment, it was placed awkwardly in the glove compartment on the passenger side. so there, i tired to be biased as much as i can commenting on the complaints about the TDCi.

hehe, hindi bro actually the pics are taken one day after namin nakuha bale dec 9. nung dec 13, pinatangal na namin yung plastic tapos pinalagyan namin ng seat cover para hindi magasta yung original na leather seats.

bro actually yung fuel mileage ko na highest is 11.6L/100km (8.6km/l) on light footed driving na in pure city including trips to marcos highway and sumulong going to antipolo, pinabless kasi namin sa antipolo eh

i have yet to see kung gaano katipid ko makukuha sa highway kasi pupunta kami sa subic sa jan 2. sana nga tumaas pa yung fuel mileage as the mileage increases pero mahirap talaga maging matipid sa dual clutch tranny niya kasi i need to step lagi sa gas pedal to keep it moving otherwise mageengine brake then magdownshift na agad unlike sa conventional matic or neutral sa M/T tranny.

bro i will try to push it hanggang 200 sa sctex pagpunta namin subic.

bro anung tire pressure mo? I've read somewhere kasi na yung recommended tire pressure sa door sill is good for up to 160 kph only so kung mas mabilis ka pa you need to increase the tire pressure.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skylineGTR View Post
    ... bro i will try to push it hanggang 200 sa sctex pagpunta namin subic.

bro anung tire pressure mo? I've read somewhere kasi na yung recommended tire pressure sa door sill is good for up to 160 kph only so kung mas mabilis ka pa you need to increase the tire pressure.
    Why not try to hit the max? Let's see what the new Powershift model can do!

When I had my SCTEX sprint, my son-in-law was just cruising (not really pushing) his TDCI (M/T) right behind me. I was doing 220+ kph when I hit the redline and that was it. His rev, on the other hand was just a little over 3,000 rpm. I'm sure he could have easily hit 240 kph. Ayaw niya lang hiyain father-in-law niya.

BTW, he had the recommended tire pressure during the run. But raising it by around 2 psi would have resulted to faster acceleration and higher speed. Of course, with a TDCi, you don't really even need it.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post

When I had my SCTEX sprint, my son-in-law was just cruising (not really pushing) his TDCI (M/T) right behind me. I was doing 220+ kph when I hit the redline and that was it. His rev, on the other hand was just a little over 3,000 rpm. I'm sure he could have easily hit 240 kph. Ayaw niya lang hiyain father-in-law niya.

BTW, he had the recommended tire pressure during the run. But raising it by around 2 psi would have resulted to faster acceleration and higher speed. Of course, with a TDCi, you don't really even need it.

namiss ko tuloy yung time na inuwi namin yung mga focus from SIR. grabe yung laro namin sa sctex nun. di bumababa sa 220kph takbo namin.
    grabe effortless pa yun. panu kung sinagad pa namin. hay?!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bili ka na karl. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    bili ka na karl. hehehe
    Kaso pick up daw ang gusto ni Kumander, eh!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post

ok nga sana sir FWC kaya lang puno kami eh with luggage pa kasi magoovernight kami sa subic, it seems to me that its not the ideal time to max it

guys nung dec 20 when we were going home from our christmas party, i tried to floor it sa whiteplains ave palabas ng edsa ( ung malawak na road sa gitna ng camp aguinaldo and corinthian subdivision) and i hit 130+ nung nasa 3/4 na and bumitaw na ako sa gas. medyo maikli pala yung 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear noh. parang max speed in 2nd is 60 or 70 kph lang, yung 3rd parang 110 lang. sa SIR 2nd gear hangang 110 na diba. wala lang ganun pala yun.

yung gear ratios ba nung sa powershift is the same lang with the M/T TDCI guys?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    eto ang galing ng Flash Video ng Ford Thailand site about the new TDCi Focus's trick PowerShift tranny.

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/Conten...THEN&c=DFYPage

2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift