New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

take it easy for a few minutes before you park it. New turbos are not prone to the "coking" of old ones, but it pays to be careful. ;)
    Sorry Sir but what do you mean by "take it easy for a few minutes before you park"

Also, coking?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ITMA View Post
    Sorry Sir but what do you mean by "take it easy for a few minutes before you park"

Also, coking?

Thanks.
    I'm not niky, But it means before turning off the engine (after using it on a trip) let it idle for three to five minutes to let the turbo cool down. You can install a turbo timer, which will allow the engine to idle unattended for the specified minutes and it will shut down by itself once done. No more waiting.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I'm not niky, But it means before turning off the engine (after using it on a trip) let it idle for three to five minutes to let the turbo cool down. You can install a turbo timer, which will allow the engine to idle unattended for the specified minutes and it will shut down by itself once done. No more waiting.
    [SIZE=3]3~5 minutes is relatively long. Plus, if you do that after every drive wouldn't that eventually negate the diesel’s supposed fuel savings (as against a gasoline engine)? Pity you have to choose between wasting extra fuel and harming the environment needlessly vs caring for your turbo engine. ([/SIZE][SIZE=3]Just wasn’t aware of this diesel quirk.)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Thanks for the info. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3](Comments?)[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's from the inside that you compare... on the outside, it really will be louder.

In terms of absolute loudness compared to others... well, that depends... I was comparing it to the same sized engines of other makes... the Santa Fe is a more luxurious vehicle, chances are it has more sound-deadening on the outside.

Just remember, take it easy while the engine is cold, and then take it easy for a few minutes before you park it. New turbos are not prone to the "coking" of old ones, but it pays to be careful. ;)
    dibale kahit na mas maingay siya ng konti kaysa sa santafe, masaya parin kami hehe

Sir niky thanks for that

after christmas our family have a plan to go to subic, so pano sir niky pwede ko na ba i 200 kph sa sctex. hindi nga masyado pa gamit eh, hangang ngaun 5 km palang tinakbo hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    guys meron nako pics kaya lang hindi pala ako marunong maginsert ng pic dito, pano ba?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ITMA, it's not a quirk per se. It's caring for the turbocharger (whether diesel or petrol engine).

turbo costs around 100-150k for the ordinary ones. I guess VGT would cost a bit more to double of that.

The way to do this is to slow down when you know you're gonna park. Say, 10mins from your house, don't go beyond 80 (or at least, keep it at 50). You can do this cruising inside the subdivision so you wont need to idle anymore.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Pics naman
    Up to now still no fotos posted??............

Just goes to show how difficult it is to educate a market.

We'll at least a veil of exclusivity will clothe the blessed owners of this baby.

My biggest problem is i don't see myself being "blessed" anytime in the near future. Anyhow, positive thinking...........visualize........arghhh.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/97567685*N00/3109738935/[/IMG]

2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift - Page 8 - Tsikot Philippines 2008

testing

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nice...
    i raelly want one too..

kiper, anu na nangyari sa ating pangarap? hanggang pangarap nalang ba tayo?
    hahahah ilang oto pa ba huhugasan natin para makabili ng focus tdci hahaha

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    so here's my lowdown on the ford focus 2009 tdci after 3 days of driving it. the car will never disappoint on the open road. torque is readily available and acceleration is instantaneous. i had to restrain myself from pushing the car past the 100km/h mark when i took it to our province in Batangas. So far my top speed in this car is 120km/h. I'll test it true power after passing the 1000km mark on my odometer. Shifted it to manual mode a couple of times only because even in automatic mode, the car continues to deliver. With regards to driving position, it also seats the driver well with a good view of the road. Ride comfort? My passengers were all soundly asleep during the trip to Batangas and would only be roused when I felt like going into F1 mode and whip the car in the open road. The A/C more than adequately cooled the inside of the cabin even on a hot sunny day and music delivery coming from the pre-installed Ford head unit kept me entertained during bumper to bumper traffic listening to Boys Night Out last night. All in all, I'm one very happy owner of the new Ford TDCi. So what if it's a 1million peso sedan. I assure you you'll get your money's worth because it's an urban car with race car under trimmings under neath.

2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift