New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Sa pagka-alam ko, ang depress ay nalungkot.

Seriously, tama si parakito. Depress is to press down (you can use Microsoft "Look Up" function to validate). In this case, "de" is not a prefix. Depress is a word in itself.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ser Rion kelan kayo kukuha?
    only in my dreams pa po. probably someday.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Sa pagka-alam ko, ang depress ay nalungkot.

Seriously, tama si parakito. Depress is to press down (you can use Microsoft "Look Up" function to validate). In this case, "de" is not a prefix. Depress is a word in itself.
    ahhh yess.. tama nga... sorry sir number001

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    For us mere mortals, ano ba talaga ang "clutch pedal less" or "clutch-less pedal"?? Eto daw po:

A semi-automatic transmission (also known as clutchless manual transmission, automated manual transmission, e-gear, shift-tronic, flappy paddle gearbox, or paddle shift gearbox) is a system which uses electronic sensors, processors and actuators to do gear shifts on the command of the driver. This removes the need for a clutch pedal which the driver otherwise needs to depress before making a gear change, since the clutch itself is actuated by electronic equipment which can synchronise the timing and torque required to make gear shifts quick and smooth. The system was designed by Europeanautomobile manufacturers to provide a better driving experience, especially in cities where congestion frequently causes stop-and-go traffic patterns. Like Tiptronic many modern semi-automatic transmissions can operate in the same manner as a conventional type of automatic transmission by allowing the transmission's computer to automatically change gear, if for example the driver was redlining the engine.

Source: Wikepedia

Pano naman kaya pag nabaha? Di kaya masira yung mga sensors, processors and actuators, etc...?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ITMA View Post
    For us mere mortals, ano ba talaga ang "clutch pedal less" or "clutch-less pedal"?? Eto daw po:

Pano naman kaya pag nabaha? Di kaya masira yung mga sensors, processors and actuators, etc...?
    It sits below (interconnected) to the engine just 10+ above ground. i've seen the Evo X twin clutch unit...and i'm sure its the same concept. Sealed type transmission.

[* actuators] are inside and sealed (they replace your left foot with it...)
    [* sensors]? normally these are engine temp, engine/vehicle speed, transmission oil temp, gear location etc,. it should be sealed as well.
    [* processor]: normally it should be sealed too. but just incase your car gets soaked in the flood. better not-start it. have it towed to the dealer and let them remove all the moisture on those delicate electronics before starting them....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ala pa bang owners of the 2009 Focus TDCi with PowerShift dto sa Tsikot?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    if all goes well, ill have one before christmas hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    if all goes well, ill have one before christmas hehe
    congrats in advance ser "Mecs", please do give us your feedback in your (future) owning experience of the car. i only had very short seat time behind the wheel. a mere 20min. test drive.

also any good deals perhaps we can avail also? if u don't want to share with everybody u can just PM me? hehe. any 1 or 2year zero interest?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tested the tdci powershift today and all i can say is i'm sold. lots of torque and great suspension. the new design is definitely better than the outgoing model. now my dilemma is which color to choose. ford qave only has the back and chill color. black is out of the question because of a bad hitory i have with black cars. chill on the other hand although a new trim looks like the same tone as the fortuner of my dad. guys any contacts from other ford branches that have the blue tdci available for release.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Saw a blue Focus TDCi on display at Theater Mall in Greenhills, looks nice.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift