New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    bro, nasa MOA pa rin yung 2009 Ford focus TDCi and sedan.. pati suzuki swift andun din.. galing ako dun kanina..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    bro, nasa MOA pa rin yung 2009 Ford focus TDCi and sedan.. pati suzuki swift andun din.. galing ako dun kanina..
    ser Alainroyce, may test drive unit ba? btw, napansin mo ba yung Stereo kung may Aux-inp and or USB jack?

nasa labas pa 'ko ng bansa eh...mga Saturday, Sunday puede akong dumaan sa Ford Global...meron na siguro cla 'no...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    ser Alainroyce, may test drive unit ba? btw, napansin mo ba yung Stereo kung may Aux-inp and or USB jack?

nasa labas pa 'ko ng bansa eh...mga Saturday, Sunday puede akong dumaan sa Ford Global...meron na siguro cla 'no...
    yup meron test drive, ford Global din yung dealer.. regarding USB jack, available din.. ganda yung offer nila free insurance.. sayang din yun..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    yup meron test drive, ford Global din yung dealer.. regarding USB jack, available din.. ganda yung offer nila free insurance.. sayang din yun..
    So the USB port is available in the new RP spec Focus? Where is it located?
    I read that the Aux jack is still in the glovebox.

The new Euro Focus and new Chinese Focus are both available with an Aux jack and a USB port, but they are located inside the center compartment (armrest).
    Last edited by AG4; November 13th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    So the USB port is available in the new RP spec Focus? Where is it located?
    I read that the Aux jack is still in the glovebox.

The new Euro Focus and new Chinese Focus are both available with an Aux jack and a USB port, but they are located inside the center compartment (armrest).
    sayang naman kung ganun...pero yung Jazz & Civic models eh puede kabitan nung USB jack and module unit to the HU.... additional nga lang....meron din kayang ganun for the Ford Focus? maganda sana may ganun eh....mura na lang ang 8GB USB drive....at least 2thousand songs eh pasok na pasok dun....en di enjoy mag-drive....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

The 2009 Ford Focus page is up...
    http://www.ford.com.ph/servlet/Conte...1024&c=DFYPage

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Since most photos are that of the top TDCi model, for those curious at how the lower end model looks like...
    Trend 1.8 M/T sedan

Lower end M/T sedan models like the Trend 1.8 and Core/Style 1.8 (looks like they're not sure what to call it) use the old style gauges but updated with red displays.

The 5-door Trend 1.8 A/T gets the new gauges with silver trim.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    just a short drive - first impression report.

The Car: 2009 Focus TDCi / black.
    ODO reading: 300km.
    Dealer / SA: Ford Global / mr. Torres.
    ===========================================
    so i did a walk-in to the above mentioned dealer...and it seems they were just cleaning up the food left over by the catering company...

then here comes our kind agent who came to greet me. and i immediately asked him for a test drive which he happily obliges. and a few minutes later (after he photocopied my license, etc) we went outside but only to find out that the car he thought was ready for me was infact already having another Queue, a lady SA was going behind its wheel. ok so back to the dealership and waited maybe another 10min....then finally he beckoned us to follow him and that another unit is available for Test Drive...this time a black Focus TDCi.

[Interior Impressions]: very nice and classy. the full leather seating with hole perforation for better cooling / seating comfort really adds "dating" on the car. also the gauge cluster lights up nicely...but they not Optitron so meaning they unlit most of the time until u switch on the parking lights....

[Driving Position]: we all know the focus has Tilt/Telescoping steering wheel. so adjusting for angle and rake is no problem. also the seat (though w/o lumbar adjustment) seems perfect for me. has enough side bolstering as well as standard fore-aft adjustment + seat height adjust lever (though not powered its OK).

[Center / Panel console] : is a definite welcome improvement...

[Stereo] : though i'm really no audiophile...the sound with FM as a source not really impressive. i would have to bring my own CD's to make a better judgment. also i think the speakers lack some BASS, might be resolved by installing a sub-woofer but it has to be done in the CASA so as not to void warranty. and doing that together with HID lights certainly cost alot more than outside shops..... those dealers have no problem in GOUGING money fm. us - consumers. hahaha. yes they'r in the business of making money!

[Engine]: i'm really quite satisfied with the GRUNT this engine provides...esp. when ur on Boost at around 2K RPM + be prepared ------for the rush of TORQUE.... so fun and it would make climbing up Baguio or Bitukang manok (to Bikol) a cinch. and it doesn't hurt that it was fuel efficient too.

[Tranny] : well we all this new Focus's selling point is this 6speeder GEM. its dual-clutch same as those of VW/Audi's - DSG. / Mitsubishi's TC-SST as well as the vaunted GT-R's. for acceleration: this tranny provides quick / smooth -upshifts. and plus the fact that its solidly coupled like manual trannys' this thing is efficient (much less waste than traditional slushbox A/T) and did i say very smooth?. haha. the downshift though seems abit sluggish ...probably it was made that way in the interest of - Smoothness. well the major difference with the >Php3M EvoX TC-SST is probably in the programming. i think the Mitsu has spared no effort to provide 3different levels of customization for their halo-car [Normal / Sport / Super-Sport]. whereas Fords' just one mode. so for normal and spirited racing this tranny is perfect. Evo 10's trick SST SuperSport programming drives like a real race driver, up-shifting only on Red line, as well as blipping the throttle when downshifting like when pro's do heel&toe.

though there's some minor blunder in the SA's saying that this car is super efficient that it gets 16-17km/li in the City (but the car's meter was saying 9.6li / 100km = 10.4km/li) . i think if driven lightly that car would get great mileage, esp. in the hiway.... the 10.4km/li was probably due to the previous tester and my driving....i was flooring the car every occassion i can get. haha. way way fun.

[Over-All] : i think Ford has a winner here... i just hope other consumers look past the Ford name plate that its as good or in some instances way better than Honda/Toyota brands...

so would i get one? yes....just waiting for the ZER "0" interest deal....so Ford Philippines/ are u listening? hahaha.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    my favorite car is even gettiing better... solid coupling MT/AT. what else could I ask for?

...just only asking to own one.
    Last edited by rion; November 29th, 2008 at 02:40 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    my favorite car is even gettiing better... solid coupling MT/AT. what else could I ask for?

...just only asking to own one.
    ser Rion kelan kayo kukuha?

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift