New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Well your right sir AG4, probably they're not exagerating about their experience, its just that the driver of the M/T tdci is not that good of a drag racer hehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i received a text message frm ford libis, sa wed daw launch nila. 6 to 8 pm

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    If you base it on the manufacturer's figures, the TDCi Powershift model is only 0.3 sec slower to 100km/h compared to the M/T model (these are done by test drivers).

PS: Just remember those sales reps aren't race car drivers. It all depends ones driving style (and maybe skill level).
    I think the acceleration times with the TDCi M/T would probably be less consistent than the TDCi Powershift which has full auto or manual +/- modes, specially when driven by someone who is not that experienced in drag racing.

0.3 seconds does not make any difference at all in the real world. So that 0.3 seconds ain't a reason to shy away from it's a/t.

Lamang ka pa coz you have the convenience of an automatic and the option to powershift if you feel itchy.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    (ser Ferdinand, ser Kompressor) o kaya bili na bili na ! group buy na ba 'to? sige let me know kung may dealer ng gusto mag-bigay ng two years to pay zero "0" interest.

on a side note about:
    [1. drag racing]: i think its just alot of waste on possible damaged drive train (clutch, etc) if u do this often... what this car is meant to do is accelerate effortlessly once on a ROLL. so if u plan to do a stop light race with a Civic 2.0 5M/T, u might lose face... but racing on a roll should be this cars strength (with the tremendous torque)....

[2. real world 0.3 sec]: right its nothing to worry about...no any significance in real world driving.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    (ser Ferdinand, ser Kompressor) o kaya bili na bili na ! group buy na ba 'to? sige let me know kung may dealer ng gusto mag-bigay ng two years to pay zero "0" interest.
    inform nyo rin ako bro kung saan dealer may magandang offer, GROUP BUY NA TO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post

on a side note about:
    [1. drag racing]: i think its just alot of waste on possible damaged drive train (clutch, etc) if u do this often... what this car is meant to do is accelerate effortlessly once on a ROLL. so if u plan to do a stop light race with a Civic 2.0 5M/T, u might lose face... but racing on a roll should be this cars strength (with the tremendous torque)....
    Your right there bro, drag launching it is really unnecessary but given the scenario, like u said a stop light race bet the focus and civic 2.0 M/T, the civic will most probably win but how about with a civic 2.0 A/T (does it have a torque converter pa rin?), what do u think would win?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I was in MOA last night i saw the new ford focus.. all gas engine is 1.8l no more under power 1.6 and i saw the TDCi.. ok nman.. The price is much lower than before...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    I was in MOA last night i saw the new ford focus.. all gas engine is 1.8l no more under power 1.6 and i saw the TDCi.. ok nman.. The price is much lower than before...
    On display?

Saw a silver 2009 Focus TDCi at the open Greenhills parking last night.
    It had plate numbers, could this be one of Ford's test units?
    Last edited by AG4; November 10th, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    On display?

Saw a silver 2009 Focus TDCi at the open Greenhills parking last night.
    It had plate numbers, could this be one of Ford's test units?
    yup on display... last friday pa daw sila dun... the theme of ford focus is metallic.. so all the middle dashboard is silver... pure silver...built in stereo,aircon knob all silver...the sedan is much longer and wider than the old one...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    yup on display... last friday pa daw sila dun... the theme of ford focus is metallic.. so all the middle dashboard is silver... pure silver...built in stereo,aircon knob all silver...the sedan is much longer and wider than the old one...
    Interior of the 2009 Focus Ghia 2.0...

Photo from BusinessMirror.

PS: I think the new styling makes the 2009 Focus sedan look longer and wider than the outgoing 2008 Focus sedan, but since it still uses the same body, its just an optical illusion.
    Last edited by AG4; November 10th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    eto naman daw yung instrumentation panel cluster lights. looking good eh...

eto naman yung center console when lit-up...yung prev. pics ay during daytime lang...

"taken fm. FordClub Ph forums"

eto yung link....
    http://forum.fordclubph.com/viewtopi...shift&start=60

ala pa bang balita for 1 or 2year "zero = 0" interest payment scheme? hehe. aantay pa din ako eh...

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift