New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    meron diesel ang ford.. pero sobrang lalaki.. 5.3liters pataas big block V8's and V10's parang gas din kumunsomo. di rin papasa sa pinas..

meron nabalita na gagawa sila ng "baby" powerstroke diesel.. nasa 4liters V6 ang range.. kaso di naman yata tinuloy.. wala daw market sa US.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    andami kasi electronics kapag American cars, kumbaga umupo ka na lang and mag-drive, everything is taken care off. completely relaxed ka talaga.

just imagine this, hindi mo na kelangan off ang stereo mo pag park. automatic off sya once you open the door. even yun reclining seats, push button. pang-tamad nga eh hehehe

with diesel palagay ko magkaka-letse letse ang car electronics ng ford. sa sobrang lakas ng torque, sobrang lakas din ang charging ng battery, and perhaps the voltage supply to sensitive electronics. baka magkaputok-putok ang mga fuses ng each electronic application ng ford vehicles.

I realized this when I bought FM Transmitter for my Ipod and played on my diesel pickup. My transmitter is powered by charger from cigarette lighter. when I accelerate my pickup, the FM transmitter also releases a gradually increasing hi-frequency sound. somehow, although 12-volts lang ang cigarette lighter, tumataas ang amperes nya when I apply more power to the diesel engine. just imagine this amps running on Ford electronics.

it's a good thing I realized this or else I would have bought a car charger for my Ipod, ang malamang hindi magtatagal ang Ipod ko.
    anyway this is my own theory lang naman, but I wouldn't recommend Ipod users to charge their Ipods sa diesel-powered cars.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    the Expe now will compete with Tahoe/Yukon
    Always been like that ever since the 1st gen mid-90's Expedition.

The only difference now is the Excursion has been replaced by the slightly smaller Expedition EL, which is almost identical in size to the Suburban.

The Excursion was considered too big even by American standards, so the smaller Suburban outsold it.

Its HUGE!

Overall Length 226.7 in, thats 5 inches longer than the Expedition EL

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    with diesel palagay ko magkaka-letse letse ang car electronics ng ford. sa sobrang lakas ng torque, sobrang lakas din ang charging ng battery, and perhaps the voltage supply to sensitive electronics. baka magkaputok-putok ang mga fuses ng each electronic application ng ford vehicles.
    What makes you say that? Current Ford Powerdiesels make almost 600 ft-lbs of torque and over 300 hp, while most Japanese turbodiesels have only around 200 ft-lbs of torque. Even the current Expedition V8 gas engine makes nearly 300 ft-lbs of torque.

The power surge you get from your cigarette lighter merely means that you need a voltage stabilizer.

The problem really with Ford's diesels is they're just too big and powerful for Philippine conditions. Philippine buyers don't buy Expes to tow 5 ton trailers, they buy them as luxury items, and a noisy, diesel guzzling (probably around 5 km/l) huge diesel engine just won't cut it with them.

Kawawa ang Ford, wala silang Japanese partner na gumagawa ng modern small capacity diesels... unlike GM, which has Isuzu (hence Alterra and D-Max) or Chrysler, which has Mercedes (the 300C now comes with a MB turbodiesel in Europe).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I've seen the Ford Excursion in Makati a couple of times... A really huge SUV!!!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    What makes you say that? Current Ford Powerdiesels make almost 600 ft-lbs of torque and over 300 hp, while most Japanese turbodiesels have only around 200 ft-lbs of torque. Even the current Expedition V8 gas engine makes nearly 300 ft-lbs of torque.

The power surge you get from your cigarette lighter merely means that you need a voltage stabilizer.

The problem really with Ford's diesels is they're just too big and powerful for Philippine conditions. Philippine buyers don't buy Expes to tow 5 ton trailers, they buy them as luxury items, and a noisy, diesel guzzling (probably around 5 km/l) huge diesel engine just won't cut it with them.

Kawawa ang Ford, wala silang Japanese partner na gumagawa ng modern small capacity diesels... unlike GM, which has Isuzu (hence Alterra and D-Max) or Chrysler, which has Mercedes (the 300C now comes with a MB turbodiesel in Europe).
    ah ganun lang ba kailangan voltage stabilizer?

para kasi akong jeepney pag nag-accelerate eh, just remember the sound of a public jeepney accelerating, ganun din sound ng interference ko hehehe

well, at least dapat pala malaman kung may voltage stabilizers, malamang ang mitsu diesel wala.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ford has Mazda and PSA Peugeot-Citroën as its partner for small displacement diesel engines, they are currently developing new common-rail diesel engines for their cars, vans and pickup trucks.
    I guess we can expect the next gen Ford Ranger/ Mazda B-series to have new common-rail diesel engines.

Which reminds me....
    This is the Ford 4-Trac concept which was unveiled in the recent Thailand International Motor Expo.

Hints of the next gen Ranger?
    Last edited by AG4; January 30th, 2006 at 11:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2007 Expedition and Expedition EL (LWB)