New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hahahaha! you parked it in banawe, pagbalik mo, wala na yung stock rims, may nagpalit na to blings! :D

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecrv
    Ford, or one of its OEMs, actually produce several types of billet grills that are pretty damn awesome to look at. These grills don't have the Ford emblem, but you already know from the bulk of the vehicle that it's gotta be Ford. I was thinking of buying one, but I would rather spend the money getting HID. That and 22" TIS mags. I wonder how I'll get that last one past my wife... hehehe
    WOW! Those 22's would trully be Bling! I can only imagine the price on those mofo's siguro kasing presyo ng Picanto plus the tires hehehe Maybe less mga 250-300k siguro. TIS are what shaq has on his escalade. Ganda nyan nomorecrv!!! Go for it!!! I think Concept1 Gallery sa Santolan Green Hills carries them. Tas lagyan mo ng DUBS sticker... nice!

Alam mo style ko dyan kay commander when she wants something like jewelry bilhan mo... tas when she's smiling and happy tell her you want something too hehehe. Masmagaan loob nya and most likely she'll say yes hehehe

Sayang, I feel betrayed too huhuhuh Should've waited for the new facelift version. Oh well I can't imagine how much more quiet this one is gonna get, I could hardly hear anything on the current model. The car like shift lever is certainly a welcome, that steering column mounted shift lever(plus the dated shift indicator on the dash) is really really out of style hehe

Last edited by cardo; August 4th, 2005 at 11:36 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Cardo,

You shouldn't feel bad. It'll probably take some time before the new Explorer reaches our shores. The '05 Escape with the floor shifter on the Ford website is not the same as the '05 Escape being sold here.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RS4
    nomorecrv,

Kapagnailusot mo ang 22" rims sa misis mo, sabayan mo na rin nang lowering springs, otherwise baka mapagkamalang Fortuner ang Explorer mo!
    My neighbor just bought a Fortuner V, it was parked in the driveway of our subdivision this morning. Ang taas! I would think it's about 3-4" higher than the Explorer. I don't think that putting 22" rims would make it anything like a Fortuner though. In fact, it would really set it miles apart from Toyota's hot-selling SUV. I have to say, macho talaga ang dating ng Fortuner.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Cardo,

With the kinds of rims I want to get, I'm going to have to buy my wife some serious jewelry. It looks like you're used to doing these things. Any tips? Hahaha! I guess I'll have to put forward my dreams of getting those 22" TIS rims so I could also buy the jewelry that my wife will want... want badly enough not to bust my balls.

When do you think the new 2006 Explorer will be released in the Phils? RS4 is right about the Escape... the versions here don't even have the same headlamp as the ones they've been selling in the US for the past couple of years. I hope they don't come out with it at least until the end of next year. (Wishful thinking!)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    facelifted lng pla...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Nomorecrv,

hehehe di naman. Important thing to note with the Wifey is build up your credibility. Then you can tell her a different price, and then tell her you got a huge discount kase bawas yun trade in ng stock mags. its cheap coz local imitation lang etc. kanya kanyang diskarte hehehe. just remember to burn any evidence like the receipt or keep it somewhere hehehe. Unless you're wife is a car junkie too and she'd know the prices etc...

there are cheaper blings tho, like Rota Extreme 20's that go from 30-35k. plus tires at 16-18k apeice. you're set! you can put on the shades, roll down the windows coz you're cruizin on blings!!!

hmmm kelan kaya dadating yun facelift version ng explorer... the facelift version of the escape has'nt even reached our shores since it was introduced a year or two ago in the US.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    may nakasabay me Cadillac Escalade from EDSa hanggang abs-cbn, color black and heavily-tinted, ang ganda sobra!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecrv
    My neighbor just bought a Fortuner V, it was parked in the driveway of our subdivision this morning. Ang taas! I would think it's about 3-4" higher than the Explorer. I don't think that putting 22" rims would make it anything like a Fortuner though. In fact, it would really set it miles apart from Toyota's hot-selling SUV. I have to say, macho talaga ang dating ng Fortuner.
    Sir, yung taas ng tindig ng Fortuner makes it more susceptible to roll over. That is the reason why many American and European made SUVs are lower otherwise, they may not pass Federal standards.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by horexen
    Sir, yung taas ng tindig ng Fortuner makes it more susceptible to roll over. That is the reason why many American and European made SUVs are lower otherwise, they may not pass Federal standards.
    All SUVs are prone to roll-over. SUVs are not primarily designed for streetracing... Hence, the higher center of gravity and greater probability of roll-over at highspeed turns.
    Last edited by vicoyski; September 8th, 2005 at 01:07 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The 2006 Ford Explorer