New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    how come ford philippines didnt include the 2005 mustang in their line up?
    considering the price if i remember correctly as of last dec 2004 was about PhP 1.6m GST included

im sure maraming may kayang bumili nito....may mga nakaka afford nga ng accord and camry na mga japs sedans na almost same din ang price range

naisip ko lang bakit kaya?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The most inexpensive model in the current US mustang line-up costs $19,770 (Php 1,104,154.5 * 55.85). I'm not sure what the excise tax rate here is for imports, but this cash strapped government will certainly charge 50% to 100% of the declared value thereby making this vehicle too pricey for its intended market (which is mostly the baby-boomers, btw). Why the baby-boomers? Because for one, the current mustangs would easily remind them of that 64-69 Mustang that they might have drove in high school or college with its retro/nostalgic looks. And for another, they are really the ones with the most expendible bank accounts with the kids off the nest and retirement beckoning around the corner, if not already in it. And besides Gen X'ers and Y, would rather have Japanese cars (for those on the budget) or European (for those who struck it rich really early).

In the Philippines settings, these baby-boomers would rather be chauffered in a high-end European sedan or SUV rather than drive themselves. For those that do drive themselves, they rather would go for a European coupe or convertible. I have never known anyone who is enthusiastic of owning American-built cars around here.(except SUV and classic American vintage cars)

I remember in the late 90's and early 2000, Ford were trying to sell some Crown Victoria Sedans here. What were they thinking?! These land yacht of a sedan does not sell well here, especially one that looks like Gramp's or Granny's car! Save for police impersonators or US embassy personnels, who would want to be caught dead in a crown victoria?!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, the V6 could slot in at around 2 million (wth tax and importation and a casa warranty), but the problem here is casa support, also. Nissan had to import the equipment to service the 350z's they brought in, and they only sold a dozen or so cars.

Given, the Mustang will be popular, but I can't see Ford doing the same. But who knows? They may surprise us. There's certainly a market for Mustangs in other Asian countries, and if they develop RHD versions of the Mustang for the countries around us, where do you think they're going to build them? :D

I think I'm going to go rally in front of the Sta.Rosa plant right now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I don't mind having a 2k5 Mustang. Give me a good monthly installment. Now!

Ford Philippines, are you listening?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Actually, the V6 could slot in at around 2 million (wth tax and importation and a casa warranty), but the problem here is casa support, also. Nissan had to import the equipment to service the 350z's they brought in, and they only sold a dozen or so cars.

Given, the Mustang will be popular, but I can't see Ford doing the same. But who knows? They may surprise us. There's certainly a market for Mustangs in other Asian countries, and if they develop RHD versions of the Mustang for the countries around us, where do you think they're going to build them? :D

I think I'm going to go rally in front of the Sta.Rosa plant right now.

definitely there is a market...
    even if someone would offer me two honda accords againts one mustang gt for free id choose the later without any hesitation

i was able to test drove one last year when i went to north america
    if i would be lucky enough to own a stang i wouldnt need a car stereo coz the sound of its engine is already music to my ears

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    AFAIK, the V6 Mustang has a similar engine as the Explorer/Sport Trac, so parts for that wouldn't be that big a problem. Plus, this car can keep up with a stock SiR! The V8 GT though, has a new 3-valve design, so it's different from the Expeds with the older 2-valve engines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I was still single, I would have traded in my 3G Eclipse for the V8 GT. I love the way the new Mustangs look.

Now I'm shopping for a family car ... An EVO VIII or a WRX wagon is family car right?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    STi is still a family car Flip, ;) Pero kung gusto mo ng family car with sports car soul, you choice would be the Avant S4

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    bat di na lang saleen ang bilhin nyo? way faster than the gt.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapito69
    bat di na lang saleen ang bilhin nyo? way faster than the gt.
    mas mabilis ang rocket, yun na lang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2005 Ford Mustang