New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...i think the focus review somwhere on this site highlighted that center console issue.

medyo malaki kasi ung brake pedal, and medyo close to the gas. pag di pa siguro sanay e masasagi mo sya

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually they (mbt/ carlocaraddict) did mention the "rubbing" thing with legs...but not the pedals.

Space is surprisingly tight up front, and the driver's comfort is compromised by the fact that his knee will be rubbing the left edge of the center of the dashboard
    check the pix...

here's the LINK of their review.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I didn't have a problem... maybe if your legs are just *too* long. But then, my right leg rubbed on the center console of our old Sentra, too.

My biggest (and only) gripe is the right-side A-pillar. When I'm sitting in the "good-boy-correct-position" driving position, It covers maybe 4-5 degrees of my vision to the right. If you're sitting "bad-boy" style, and lower in the car, it's not a problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    the close proximity of the brake and gas pedal is more apparent if your wearing sandals as it may snag at the back of the brake pedal as you move your right foot from the accelelator to the brake. have driven other automatic cars before, civic, crv, rav4 and starex but never encoutered this problem. this might also be caused by the gas pedal location which is near the console. anyway this is just my experience. by and large the ford focus is a great car to have.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pang heel and toe yan pag nag-rally driving style sa curves. hehehehe. Saw one sa pricemart last weekend libreng test drive. OK na ok para sa akin ang pedal position.

However, very conservative ang design ng sedan for my taste. I'll wait for the 5 door hatch with a 2 liter power plant. Lets see kung gaano ka "mura" yung price.

eni myni moe who will I sell Olive (01 Carnival) or Jamie (04 Picanto)

tnx

Rodski

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    lam ko bawal sandal ata pag driving but who the hell follows that law ba hehehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slx
    the close proximity of the brake and gas pedal is more apparent if your wearing sandals as it may snag at the back of the brake pedal as you move your right foot from the accelelator to the brake. have driven other automatic cars before, civic, crv, rav4 and starex but never encoutered this problem. this might also be caused by the gas pedal location which is near the console. anyway this is just my experience. by and large the ford focus is a great car to have.
    Oh. It's likely then that the AT version shares the same pedal placement as the MT then... After the first time the sandal-snag happened to me (many MANY years ago), I learned NEVER to wear sandals when driving, no matter what the car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hindi ergonomical for me and placing ng gas pedal and brake pedal ng mga american cars especially the SUV. Even if you were able to move the pedals forward and backward, its the realtionship or the distance between the gas pedal and the brake pedal. I just attribute it to the fact that most americans have relaly big feet and heel to toe driving is hard if you have big feet and the pedals are to close together. try driving the 2004 Chevy suburban LT. you really need to put your foot and heel up to be able to press the brakes.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The question for me is whether the knee rubbing will eventually be too irritating, coz it's not like it would be easy to replace the center console, right?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    time to revive this Thread, anybody know's info. about the Focus Duratorq? like engine size and power output?, how about price? and body type?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2005 Ford Focus Review [Merged]