New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Last december our Everest burned its OEM starter motor. When the electrician analyzed it, he said it burned due to the defective solenoid in the starter.

So we got a new starter (replacement) and it worked fine.

Yesterday, to our horror, it burned again! This time the same electrician said that the ignition assembly failed to switch-off the line going to the starter hence even after the engine was running the electricity leading to the starter kept flowing resulting in starter motor burn-out.

Has any of you owners experienced the same starter motor problem? I'm afraid that my next 10k pesos starter might go up in smoke again.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Last december our Everest burned its OEM starter motor. When the electrician analyzed it, he said it burned due to the defective solenoid in the starter.

So we got a new starter (replacement) and it worked fine.

Yesterday, to our horror, it burned again! This time the same electrician said that the ignition assembly failed to switch-off the line going to the starter hence even after the engine was running the electricity leading to the starter kept flowing resulting in starter motor burn-out.

Has any of you owners experienced the same starter motor problem? I'm afraid that my next 10k pesos starter might go up in smoke again.

Thanks!
    if the diagnosis is true, dapat hindi na nag disengage and vendix drive nyan and narinig nyo na sobrang ingay.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks for the info. I really suspect that the problem started from the ignition assembly all along. Baka dumikit lang or something inside.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Try changing your electrician.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Thanks for the info. I really suspect that the problem started from the ignition assembly all along. Baka dumikit lang or something inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

:bwahaha:

sa province ba yan MR?

may mga accesories ba na nilagay na kumukuha ng power trhough ACC?

baka may nagdikit nga ...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The thought did cross my mind

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    :bwahaha:

sa province ba yan MR?

may mga accesories ba na nilagay na kumukuha ng power trhough ACC?

baka may nagdikit nga ...
    Yup dito sa amin. Tama nga, may dumikit sa ignition switch pala grrrrr!

2005 Everest starter always burns-out