sorry to revive this old thread but i am looking to buy a 2nd hand pick up and ive always admired the looks of the sport trac. ill be using it sparingly max around 2-3x a month for some hauling- stuff that would not fit the everest or 07explorer. i know other pick ups would be more practical but im really enamored by the stance of the sporttrac. im thinking since ill be using it only for a few times a month, di sya magiging problema as regards the maintenance.. now my question, if and when masira nga siya, are parts readily available and are they hard to maintain? also san ang mga reliable auto shops that specializes in fords/american trucks? as much as possible ayoko na sana sa casa. thanks!
QUOTE=yebo;2292421]Ok, paid for the farm yesterday, scaled down to just 5 hectares from the planned 10. Naunahan ako dun sa first prospect ko na 11nhectares e. Kukulitin ko na lang yung katabi to sell to me another 5 hectares. Kinaya naman ng sorento 4x2 yung farm roads when i did the occular last monday, dirt and gravel road with some portions that if it were a rainy day the 4x2 would have surely got stuck. So now i need a 4x4!

question 1. Good buy pa ba ang 2002/03 ford explorer sport traq 4x4? 90,000 km mileage yung best na nakita ko online at P330k negotiable. 2002 models are priced at 310k negotiable. Distance from QC to farm is 145 km (nlex, sctex and tplex, part of magilas trail then approximately 15km of dirt road). Considering it will be a weekend car i don't really care much about fuel cost. Ang tanong e, from experience or hearsay, okay ba ang explorer on mud and moderate offroad? Di naman kaya labas-masuk ako sa repair shop for suspension repairs? I will not keep it for a long time, max 2-3 years pero syempre gusto ko may resale value pa din kahit konti. After 2 years kasi di ko na need ang pick up, i will sell this and add the value to the down for a new suv, probably a new everest if maganda yung bago.

question 2: alam ko yung vitara proven na offroad. But how about the grand vitara 2.4 4x4? Meron kasi akong nakitang grand vitara2.4 for 280k.

question 3: any other recommendations, max budget 350k including repairs if any. Basic requirements are 4x4, respectable off road capability (i will not go to pinatubo, just dirt roads that will definitely be muddy when it rains), crew cab or suv type, can carry 4-6 sacks of fertilizer.[/QUOTE]