New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Overkill naman LC. Better to have two reliable daily drivers than one big, expensive car that will leave you carless every time you bring it in for PMS.

-

Eve, puwede... Alterra...? For a farm truck, can't go wrong with a secondhand D-Max... at least, in my experience, if you settle for a manual, it's got one of the easier ones to use (lighter clutch, less clunky gearshift than the others). If you're getting an auto... BT50 3.0 is available in 2WD if you like your work truck to be... fun.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ totally agree with the LC200, the price and pm cost killed the idea after only about 3 seconds. It is too expensive to take it on muddy roads, and if ever it goes near one it will need some underchassis work first. for its price i can get a new eve/ranger and that additional 5 hectares i want and the money to plant it. 2nd hand LC80 that is already lifted pwede pa.

di pwede manual e, the wife insists that she should be able to drive it, too. That is actually the first thing she asked, kung may a/t yung ranger.

Wala pa ako nakitang bt50 on the road. Parang scary kung konti lang ang meron, although engine and tranny wise supposedly parehas naman sila ng ranger. Ok sana kasi cheaper.

alterra? I just can't get my thoughts away from the idea that "half the price of a brand new unit is for the entertainment system" kasi. I mean, talk to any isuzu agent and it is the only thing they want to talk about, as if they are selling a home theater instead of a truck. It just emphasizes the ugly truth that under the hood is a dinosaur of an engine.

napunta na talaga sa brand new, and the practical side of me keeps saying 2nd hand.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Sir anong naging problema nung 4x4 nyo? Curious lang. Tnx!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Nothing wrong with it really. Had no mechanical failures. It's just isn't what you expect from a pickup truck It under performs in all aspects.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, what are you expecting? Older Frontiers had their niggles... really rough ride, AC compressors that were very expensive to service and replace... the new ones, all I'm hearing so far is the same old EGR/SCV issue that most Japanese have with our crappy diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ^^ totally agree with the LC200, the price and pm cost killed the idea after only about 3 seconds. It is too expensive to take it on muddy roads, and if ever it goes near one it will need some underchassis work first. for its price i can get a new eve/ranger and that additional 5 hectares i want and the money to plant it. 2nd hand LC80 that is already lifted pwede pa.

di pwede manual e, the wife insists that she should be able to drive it, too. That is actually the first thing she asked, kung may a/t yung ranger.

Wala pa ako nakitang bt50 on the road. Parang scary kung konti lang ang meron, although engine and tranny wise supposedly parehas naman sila ng ranger. Ok sana kasi cheaper.

alterra? I just can't get my thoughts away from the idea that "half the price of a brand new unit is for the entertainment system" kasi. I mean, talk to any isuzu agent and it is the only thing they want to talk about, as if they are selling a home theater instead of a truck. It just emphasizes the ugly truth that under the hood is a dinosaur of an engine.

napunta na talaga sa brand new, and the practical side of me keeps saying 2nd hand.
    Hahaha... yeah... Isuzu sales agents have more to say about the toys than the cars. If I were the one selling, I'd point out the fuel economy and low maintenance requirements... that's more impressive to the buyers. Too bad there's no lower-end variants... at this point in the Alterra life-cycle, there should be a 1m stripper model already!

I'd rather get one secondhand. But actually, the D-Max is a better deal secondhand... lots available, and you can get the loaded variants for not much more than the "base"... like the interior on the older ones better though... the circular air vents are just plain goofy.

Scratch the secondhand BT50. Hard to find a matic. Easier to find an AT Ranger.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was just looking at mazda bt50 ads. true ba na FREE 3 YEARS PMS (parts and labor)?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i was just looking at mazda bt50 ads. true ba na FREE 3 YEARS PMS (parts and labor)?
    Yup. To increase sales.

Big hit yan sa kanila. Most of a dealership's profit is in PMS. They just really need to increase sales volume.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, the BT50 should not be hard to sell second hand naman. Pick-ups generally have good resale.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup. To increase sales.

Big hit yan sa kanila. Most of a dealership's profit is in PMS. They just really need to increase sales volume.
    Yup, that's true. And not just the BT-50, but the whole Mazda line-up offers 3 years free maintenance on parts and labor. They call it the Yojin3.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If I had the moolah, I'd be tempted. Mazda6. Droooooooooooooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    IMO, the BT50 should not be hard to sell second hand naman. Pick-ups generally have good resale.
    He's looking cause' kumander was suggesting brand new na rin... hehe.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well, what are you expecting? Older Frontiers had their niggles... really rough ride, AC compressors that were very expensive to service and replace... the new ones, all I'm hearing so far is the same old EGR/SCV issue that most Japanese have with our crappy diesel.

You're right.

Well, i was expecting some 2000-06 Strada/Ranger performance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast