New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman29 View Post
    I got my Brand New Ford Focus TDCi from Ford Pampanga yesterday...
    I love my Focus... but i have my fingers crossed.. hehe

Pictures naman

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Congrats to Iceman. It's good you found satisfaction in the compromise of paying some cost of depreciation, to finally get a brand new unit to replace the defective unit Ford gave you. Given the cards you were dealt with, it does seem better than going through and spending for a legal battle with Ford.

Though we could give some credit to Ford for seemingly giving a staisfactory depreciation cost charge, at least to Iceman, in the end, the message they are giving here is that brand new Ford buyers, still need to shell out additional cash to shoulder depreciation cost, if they happen to be given a defective unit and if they get approval for a replacement.

Parang trade-in pa nga ata lang yung ginawa nila, though it's not everyday that you have a situation where a 13 day old car is traded-in already.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i got a good deal on the depreciation cost.. it cost less than litigation would have cost.
    Finally a closure. Things would have been different if this happened in the US. You can even sue for damages, since you almost got killed.

Evaluating the forum posts, I could not help but notice the people that missed the point of the TS. First while it is rather unfair to entirely blame Ford (the Brand) for the failure of some of its units (as some pointed out this kind of screw up is rather rare) however, the manner the dealer (Ford Pampanga) handled his case is something worth retrospecting -- and to me a fair game to criticize.

Ultimately how the dealer sells their goods affect the reputation of the Brand. How Ford conducts business in our country is manifested by their dealers. They are the ones go face to face with their customers. A dubious/deceitful dealer represents a wolf trying to sell you apples.

Would you risk buying from a wolf, even if you know perhaps 99% of apples are probably good?

Again, too bad for Ford, the Local Dealership "Culture" in the Philippines has somewhat the same stench as the Used car industry in the US.
    Last edited by daimengrui; January 4th, 2010 at 03:29 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    i got a good deal on the depreciation cost.. it cost less than litigation would have cost.
    Congrats! I hope you don't mind. Can you be more specific width the deal
    What did they do with the defective unit? I hope they will not sell it as BNEW.
    Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I've also had an experience with a Gemini diesel that died on me during driving. It was along EDSA near Munoz. I was only going at low speed (thank God), but it was late at night so it was freaky to totally lose all engine and electrical power.

Good thing there was a mechanic at a nearby gas station. He only took 15 minutes to find and fix the trouble. There was just a main electrical line that got chewed on by a rat!

I never knew that could happen to cars, all the more diesels but since then, I've been careful to choose my parking area.

Yung sa Ondoy naman and unforeseen damage. I think talagang ganoon. Which is also why they return the car to you right after it is road-worthy -- to see what other damage there could be. Some of the damage daw is even hidden for months or years! Which means the effects of Ondoy are not only severe, they are also long-lasting. But they could've told you that from the get-go couldn't they?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    * iceman and others,

gud pm sir. ask ko lang po kung anu na ang nangyari sa case nyo? i'm owning a mitsubishi - adventure and i feel that it is a "lemon car" because of it's ENGINE OIL LEAK. the 1st 1,000 and 5,000 kms check up they state that their is an oil leak but on the 10,000 kms they state that their is "NO OIL LEAK" pro BINIGYAN NILA AKO NG EXTRANG OIL from the change oil session. pls reply sir i also want to pursue a refund or unit change regarding my vehicle that i bought brand new.. biruin mo, OIL leak at less than a month of use.. MERON PO BA TAYUNG LEMON LAW d2 s PINAS as of august 2010??? any help mga sir/mam would be much appreciated salamats po

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by olups View Post
    * iceman and others,

gud pm sir. ask ko lang po kung anu na ang nangyari sa case nyo? i'm owning a mitsubishi - adventure and i feel that it is a "lemon car" because of it's ENGINE OIL LEAK. the 1st 1,000 and 5,000 kms check up they state that their is an oil leak but on the 10,000 kms they state that their is "NO OIL LEAK" pro BINIGYAN NILA AKO NG EXTRANG OIL from the change oil session. pls reply sir i also want to pursue a refund or unit change regarding my vehicle that i bought brand new.. biruin mo, OIL leak at less than a month of use.. MERON PO BA TAYUNG LEMON LAW d2 s PINAS as of august 2010??? any help mga sir/mam would be much appreciated salamats po
    wala pong lemon law sa pilipinas, sir...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Good to hear about the positive outcome...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    congratulations to consumers who experienced similar situation who chose to stand up & fight for their rights & were VICTORIOUS

got a full refund on my grand livina purchase which has gone BAD

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
13 Day Old Brand New Ford Focus TDCi Just Died