New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



View Poll Results: Will you eat expired food?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 5.17%
  • No but planning to watch it

    1 1.72%
  • No and have no plans to watch it

    0 0%
  • yes

    11 18.97%
  • no

    2 3.45%
  • don't know / no idea

    0 0%
  • Yes

    2 3.45%
  • No

    15 25.86%
  • Filipino

    7 12.07%
  • American

    0 0%
  • Chinese

    3 5.17%
  • Japanese

    8 13.79%
  • Others (please indicate below)

    1 1.72%
  • Yes

    3 5.17%
  • No

    2 3.45%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 101 to 109 of 109
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,159
    #101
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "expired" versus "best before".
    they mean the same thing: "discard the product".
    the potential for harm outweighs very heavily the perceived savings and utility.
    doc, marami naman kasi pagkain that don't really expire. I just threw out kanina a lot of chocolates I will eat it as long as it tastes good, some expired chocolates though become "grainy" when expired so I don't like it anymore

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,120
    #102
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    doc, marami naman kasi pagkain that don't really expire. I just threw out kanina a lot of chocolates I will eat it as long as it tastes good, some expired chocolates though become "grainy" when expired so I don't like it anymore
    you have to see it the way the manufacturer sees it.

    we see it as an opportunity to maximize our purchase.
    the manufacturer sees it as a mis-opportunity to get sued, in case something happens to us after we eat at the over-estimated food's condition..

    and i agree with you. chocolate may have a very long palatability life. humihiwalay lang ang mga emulsified ingredients nila over time, resulting in sub-optimal taste. but still perfectly edible.
    lately, the chocolates available locally that i sampled, do taste a bit old. old stock, probably, courtesy of covid business slowdown.
    nagpa-bilin ako ng M&Ms sa balikbayan friend, who's flying over from the us next month. in my experience kasi, the nicest M&Ms are those brought in by travelers from near their home factories.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 23rd, 2021 at 07:46 PM.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,074
    #103
    Masarap ang chocolates na pasalubong from abroad kasi libre Will you eat expired food?

    Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,120
    #104
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Masarap ang chocolates na pasalubong from abroad kasi libre Will you eat expired food?

    Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    kahit hindi libre.
    but sino ba naman ang balikbayan na naningil...?
    heh heh.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,336
    #105
    Just opened a spam lite (expiry is 2024)

    Weird lang masabaw yung loob, bottom of the can namuo na mala gelatinous.

    Now Iím thinking if goods pa ito ha ha ha

    My wife told me manghinayang ba ako sa 180 pesos versus the hospital bill


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,074
    #106
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Just opened a spam lite (expiry is 2024)

    Weird lang masabaw yung loob, bottom of the can namuo na mala gelatinous.

    Now Iím thinking if goods pa ito ha ha ha

    My wife told me manghinayang ba ako sa 180 pesos versus the hospital bill


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've opened a lot of spam like this

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,336
    #107
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I've opened a lot of spam like this
    Just ate 3 thick slices! Ha ha ha waiting for it to sink in Will you eat expired food?

    Nanibago lang ako andami liquid sa loob nung can

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,120
    #108
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Just opened a spam lite (expiry is 2024)

    Weird lang masabaw yung loob, bottom of the can namuo na mala gelatinous.

    Now Iím thinking if goods pa ito ha ha ha

    My wife told me manghinayang ba ako sa 180 pesos versus the hospital bill


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    humiwalay lang ang taba sa laman. goods pa 'yan.
    send it to me; i'll dispose of it for you.
    yum!

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,336
    #109
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    humiwalay lang ang taba sa laman. goods pa 'yan.
    send it to me; i'll dispose of it for you.
    yum!
    That explains! Medyo nag iba hugis niya doc!

    So far still feeling well! Matched it with toasts and scrambled eggs!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Will you eat expired food?