New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you eat expired food?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 5.17%
  • No but planning to watch it

1 1.72%
  • No and have no plans to watch it

0 0%
  • yes

11 18.97%
  • no

2 3.45%
  • don't know / no idea

0 0%
  • Yes

2 3.45%
  • No

15 25.86%
  • Filipino

7 12.07%
  • American

0 0%
  • Chinese

3 5.17%
  • Japanese

8 13.79%
  • Others (please indicate below)

1 1.72%
  • Yes

3 5.17%
  • No

2 3.45%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so exactly at what date would it be, for foods to be beyond safe consumption?
    As long as you are familiar with the taste and smell of the food, and it still tastes and smells the same after expiry date, then, for me, it is still good.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so exactly at what date would it be, for foods to be beyond safe consumption?
    my view on "best before" date is exactly so you'll throw away packaged food that you didn't consume para bumili ka ng bago

to keep the wheels of commerce turning

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    staphylococcal food poisoning.
    the taste and odor of the food is usually not altered, even as it is already teeming with the toxin.

botulism. salmonellosis (typhoid).
    the taste and odor of the food are unchanged.
    the only clue (for botulism) is the bloated state of the tin can.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    As long as you are familiar with the taste and smell of the food, and it still tastes and smells the same after expiry date, then, for me, it is still good.
    That's what I do. We've had expired SPAM before. If the can isn't under pressure (bulging out), the meat smells like SPAM, and I don't see visible mold on the meat? I eat it.

I've seen expired Underwood liverwurst spread that actually had mold inside that looked like penicillin. I toyed with the idea of skimming off the mold and eating the rest. But, the wife grabbed it and threw it away.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just drank 3 months expired del monte four seasons in Tetra. I hope I don't get diarrhea. It tastes okay pa naman. I feel like eating expired food is what made my tummy "matibay" 😂

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Dun sa mga naglalabasang viral videos about sa mga drinks na naka-tetra, dun ako mas natatakot. LOL!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I just drank 3 months expired del monte four seasons in Tetra. I hope I don't get diarrhea. It tastes okay pa naman. I feel like eating expired food is what made my tummy "matibay" ��

post here on whatever happens next.

i am also a believer in "matibay sikmura namin dahil sanay kami kumain ng sirang pagkain." heh heh.
    but i wouldn't recommend it as an intention.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 23rd, 2021 at 04:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I checked the tetra and it's "expired" not "best before". Napagalitan tuloy ako Mommy ko Will you eat expired food?

Okay pa naman yung kulay pero parang sobra yung laman, kasi 450 ml ang baso ko, when I opened ang dami pang laman!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Dun sa mga naglalabasang viral videos about sa mga drinks na naka-tetra, dun ako mas natatakot. LOL!

Kapag canned or dairy I never eat/drink expired talaga, yan ang hindi kaya ng sikmura ko hahaha

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I checked the tetra and it's "expired" not "best before". Napagalitan tuloy ako Mommy ko Will you eat expired food?

Okay pa naman yung kulay pero parang sobra yung laman, kasi 450 ml ang baso ko, when I opened ang dami pang laman!

"expired" versus "best before".
    they mean the same thing: "discard the product".
    the potential for harm outweighs very heavily the perceived savings and utility.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Will you eat expired food?