New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you eat expired food?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 5.17%
  • No but planning to watch it

1 1.72%
  • No and have no plans to watch it

0 0%
  • yes

11 18.97%
  • no

2 3.45%
  • don't know / no idea

0 0%
  • Yes

2 3.45%
  • No

15 25.86%
  • Filipino

7 12.07%
  • American

0 0%
  • Chinese

3 5.17%
  • Japanese

8 13.79%
  • Others (please indicate below)

1 1.72%
  • Yes

3 5.17%
  • No

2 3.45%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    No way, most foods now are processed so they have a definite time before they are expired. Would you like to have a visit to your nearest hospital over expired food ?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just cleaned out my office cabinet and had to get rid of expired food. Sayang. Never opened pa naman

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just sharing...

I joined a "wine tasting event" a week ago...

French guy said...

After a month out of France, you miss cheese.

So in his case, he went to the supermarket, bought cheese and was really sad after. Cheese was bad and expensive...

After more months of life outside France, he figured it out.

Buy cheese from the supermarket and eat it after the expiration date. As long as it doesn't have molds, you'll be fine.

If it has molds, remove the part with molds (either by scraping or slicing) then enjoy what's left of your cheese.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's case to case for me.

As I understand it, there's expiry date and there's best before date. They may or may not mean the same thing, unfortunately.

The best before date indicates an approximate time when the product is no longer at it's best condition in terms of taste, color and/or texture. It may not necessarily mean it's unsafe.

Expiry dates are exactly what it says... it's when the product has reached a point where it's been deemed (or has started a process to become) unsafe for consumption.

This 'date' is not a clear line, obviously. It's there because it's mandated. Stores are required by law to clear out expired food, even if they're still potentially safe.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    For canned products, we strictly follow the expiry date but for some foods like breads, chocolates, bottled condiments, we put it in the ref when it's about to go beyond expiry to prolong it's life. The longest we kept was a garlic rice condiment, which we consumed 2 years after its expiry date.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I normally do.

Chocs, tea, even meds na expired na for 2 months.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    nooooope

FOCUS

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    We conduct tests for shell life of food products, my opinion, when the label say expired na, expired na talaga at wag na kainin.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I don't buy canned goods and processed food, that includes milk and butter. So, pretty much nothing to bother about expiry dates. Everything is fresh. Although, I hate it when vegetables get wasted because it spoils in 3-5 days. So, I do my best to buy it and consume on the same day.

Eggs are little bit tricky. If you fill a bowl of water and if the egg floats, it's already expired.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    no, including expired medicines/vitamins

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Will you eat expired food?