New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by namwaran View Post
    If it has any hint of excretions, then it was not prepared properly. My grandma used to brush the intestines multiple time during preparation to remove such taste.

With tripe(goto), i know they scrub it with rock salt, or use lye to get rid of the bile-y smell(kinda makes sense, lye = base, stomach acid = acid)..but lye is really nasty, it can literally eat your flesh

Dunno if it's the same thing, but yung nabilli ko dating natural hog casings(i.e. intestines), nakababad sa asin even in storage. Wala namang amoy

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I love tripe in goto or kare kare. It's not always available though

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There's a process in cleaning and cooking tripe.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    There's a process in cleaning and cooking tripe.

The ones can come in the fancy cling-wrapped trays seem very clean, almost bleached in appearance. Yung sa palengke, you have to clean yourself.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    we do boil ox tripe 2x at least * 5mins per, discarding the stock prior to cooking proper. kare-kare/callos
    tripe bought in supermarkets(imported frozen) are much easier to deal with, mas malinis na sila as compared with the local variety.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    With tripe(goto), i know they scrub it with rock salt, or use lye to get rid of the bile-y smell(kinda makes sense, lye = base, stomach acid = acid)..but lye is really nasty, it can literally eat your flesh
    When I hear or read the word "lye", it reminds me of the aircon cleaning guy using lye to clean the ac radiator.
    we do boil ox tripe 2x at least * 5mins per, discarding the stock prior to cooking proper. kare-kare/callos
    tripe bought in supermarkets(imported frozen) are much easier to deal with, mas malinis na sila as compared with the local variety.
    Sounds about right. It would also help in achieving softer texture of the tripe.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gave in to my tripe craving last night. Passed by Lorenzo's Way in Greenbelt and ordered 2 servings of callos.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i like callos de almon marina.
    buti na lang, wala samin ang gout.

btw.
    philippine cuisine? primitive?
    maybe because we see and eat it everyday.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Our ‘ukoy’ goes big time in Washington

“It was as addictive as a Bloomin’ Onion but 50 times more delicious,” Knowlton wrote. He was referring to the appetizer consisting of a large onion cut to resemble a flower that is dipped in batter and deep-fried.
    i'm not surprised really, you just need to use fresh shrimp.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Pag pinoy maganda maging cook bakla or yung medyo effem para pulido sa palengke at magluto.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011