New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A bit OT, but related:

For equipment that is designed to handle, store, and contain food, please always buy "branded" like i.e Thermos, Lock & Lock, etc. Buying cheap plastic food containers, specifically the ones manufactured in China pose a variety of health risks. Raw material used in the manufacture of plastic food containers for most branded equipment are of the food grade quality. Meaning that these materials were already tested and conforms to certain ISO standards when it is used as such.

Generic food containers meanwhile do not pass ISO testing, hence are susceptible in containing harmful chemical vapors, as evidenced by the plasticy smell when food stored inside is hot, or deformation. There is also a great risk that the materials contain hazardous materials that may contaminate stored food.

For hot liquids such as coffee, a branded mug or insulated flask should be used. Never risk your health, and that of your family's by using cheap, generic food containers.

My 2 cents.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think I've seen them sa true value

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareho pala tayo. coffee drinker while driving.
    i use the starbucks thermos.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Ilang araw ko na nakikita ito and wondering kung just another one of them threads na naman kaya? Well, just opened it now and turns out one of my interest din pala ito.

I once had a vacuum flask just like above pero tatak National yata or was it Panasonic (can't remember)? It was some kind of a Christmas giveaway to my sis-in-law na na-arbor ko naman. I really liked it kasi nga it keeps either cold water cold, or hot beverage hot for like almost a day. Thing is, nawala ko siya so it started my hunt for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    amoy plastic siya, di nawawala amoy. my officemate bought one before, used only once. she's not using it now due to strong smell/odor of plastic (?) if you know what i mean
    So nakabili ako ng hawig sa nawala kong flask I think sa SM dept. store. Kaso, ayun nga... di ko rin natagalang gamitin kasi me aftertaste. Not really plastic.. but more like rubber. Kahit anong hugas ang gawin ko di nawawala yung amoy at aftertaste. Nakabili pa ako ng two more pa yata pero ganundin kaya tinigilan ko na. Still on the lookout though. I was looking din lang kasi yung tipong affordable naman kasi mamaya mawala rin lang ulit.
    Last edited by gearhead000; April 6th, 2013 at 05:58 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Ilang araw ko na nakikita ito and wondering kung just another one of them threads na naman kaya? Well, just opened it now and turns out one of my interest din pala ito.

I once had a vacuum flask just like above pero tatak National yata or was it Panasonic (can't remember)? It was some kind of a Christmas giveaway to my sis-in-law na na-arbor ko naman. I really liked it kasi nga it keeps either cold water cold, or hot beverage hot for like almost a day. Thing is, nawala ko siya so it started my hunt for a replacement.

So nakabili ako ng hawig sa nawala kong flask I think sa SM dept. store. Kaso, ayun nga... di ko rin natagalang gamitin kasi me aftertaste. Not really plastic.. but more like rubber. Kahit anong hugas ang gawin ko di nawawala yung amoy at aftertaste. Nakabili pa ako ng two more pa yata pero ganundin kaya tinigilan ko na. Still on the lookout though. I was looking din lang kasi yung tipong affordable naman kasi mamaya mawala rin lang ulit.
    Malamang made in china kaya ganyang may mga after taste yung material na ginamit.
    May mga travel flask na made in japan, mas mahal nga lang 2x the price of the one made in china.

For my travel mug, I use the disposable mug of starbucks, para pagka ubos, pwedeng itapon. Naging problema ko sa mga stainless travel mug (starbucks, bo's etc) , hustle sa linisan lalo na kung on the road ka.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    huwag kayo bili nung mga chipipay tulad ng sa 168. baka toxic yung mga yun.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My 13 year old Thermos vacuum flask which I got at Landmark in Makati. It keeps the temperature for at least 24 hrs. I never really found out if it keeps the temp longer than that time period since the content gets replaced na.

I really recommend Thermos. It's EXTREMELY durable. There is no plastic aftertaste at all because the inside is metal.

Last edited by _Cathy_; April 6th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Something different

"ECU can"

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/EcuoCansPh?ref=ts&fref=ts

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Not also a fan of flasks. You typically need both hands to work on them. Not quite 'driver-friendly'.

The ECU Can looks interesting. Smooth exterior so it's guaranteed to fit right into the cup holders. Might check it out. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Not also a fan of flasks. You typically need both hands to work on them. Not quite 'driver-friendly'.

The ECU Can looks interesting. Smooth exterior so it's guaranteed to fit right into the cup holders. Might check it out. Thanks!
    By the way, to drink from the ECU Can, you just have to open the flip-up opening on the top of the can, just like a softdrink can. I have a big ECU can and it does fit in car drink-holders and you have use it with just one hand. Made from bio-degradable plastic so it's a "green" product.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast