New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Study: Arsenic levels in fruit juice spark concern
    December 1, 2011 9:58am

Arsenic levels in some juice samples exceed allowable limits for water and have renewed concerns about the safety of popular childhood drinks, according to a consumer group report published on Wednesday.

Product-testing organization Consumer Reports analyzed 88 samples and found that five samples of apple juice and four samples of grape juice had total arsenic levels exceeding federal limits for drinking water.

Brands including Apple & Eve, Great Value, Mott's, Walgreens and Welch's had at least one sample that exceeded the 10 parts per billion threshold, it said.

Federal standards for arsenic in water exist but juices and other foods are not regulated, the report said.

Because juice is a mainstay of many children's diets, the group said they could be particularly vulnerable to health issues associated with arsenic, including certain forms of cancer.....

CLICK the LINK to continue reading the article: Study: Arsenic levels in fruit juice spark concern
    LINK: Study: Arsenic levels in fruit juice spark concern

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So...

Can't drink mineral water because it's bad for your kidneys.

Can't drink Coke because high fructose corn syrup is bad for your blood sugar.

Can't drink Coke Zero or Light because even though there's no sugar, caramel coloring is carcinogenic.

Can't drink juice because of arsenic.

What the hell is there left to drink?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ^ red horse.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So...

Can't drink Coke because high fructose corn syrup is bad for your blood sugar.

Can't drink Coke Zero or Light because even though there's no sugar, caramel coloring is carcinogenic.

Can't drink juice because of arsenic.

What the hell is there left to drink?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    So...

I thought drinking _distilled_ water is bad?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Distilled is good. It has no contaminants that will affect your kidneys and will even flush out contaminants that accumulate in your body.

Drinking too much mineral water is bad for your kidneys, in the same way that taking multi-vitamins with minerals is bad for them.

Yes, you should not continuously take multivitamins with minerals, but should take "breaks" from the regimen to allow your kidneys to recuperate. This is because not all of the minerals will be absorbed, and you may, in fact, be overdosing on some of them, since you also get those minerals from the food you eat! That means more work for your kidneys in filtering these contaminants from your blood. Given our combined family medical histories, my wife (kidney) and I (liver, kidney, pancreas, etcetera) have been advised by our doctors to drink distilled if we can.

While getting some minerals from mineral water is good for your heart... you don't want to overdo it. The worst thing you can say about distilled water is that you don't get minerals from it, but then, what do you eat food for?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Distilled is good. It has no contaminants that will affect your kidneys and will even flush out contaminants that accumulate in your body.

Drinking too much mineral water is bad for your kidneys, in the same way that taking multi-vitamins with minerals is bad for them.

Yes, you should not continuously take multivitamins with minerals, but should take "breaks" from the regimen to allow your kidneys to recuperate. This is because not all of the minerals will be absorbed, and you may, in fact, be overdosing on some of them, since you also get those minerals from the food you eat! That means more work for your kidneys in filtering these contaminants from your blood. Given our combined family medical histories, my wife (kidney) and I (liver, kidney, pancreas, etcetera) have been advised by our doctors to drink distilled if we can.

While getting some minerals from mineral water is good for your heart... you don't want to overdo it. The worst thing you can say about distilled water is that you don't get minerals from it, but then, what do you eat food for?
    been drinking distilled water eversince until somebody told me it's acidic. my doctor confirmed that it will exacerbate my gastritis. kaya ngayon balik sa artesian sourced drinking water.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Might as well ban medicines because they have adverse effects ^^

Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy.
    -Paracelsus
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Study: Arsenic levels in fruit juice spark concern