New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    There also was an article in Philstar that around 3 hospitals may have unknowingly given children the milk. Some got kidney stones as a result I think. What were those people who okayed the milk in China thinking?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    somebody texted me that yakult is included in the milk supplied by china... bad thing i take yakult...

totoo ba kaya ito?

i think BFAD must expand its network so that there could be better public awareness and support that we will be getting form the said department.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    somebody texted me that yakult is included in the milk supplied by china... bad thing i take yakult...

totoo ba kaya ito?

i think BFAD must expand its network so that there could be better public awareness and support that we will be getting form the said department.
    pati yakult? yari tayo niyan, yakult everynight pa naman ako...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ChocNut.....apektado ba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka pati Iced Tea at Green Tea nila?

Lipton milk tea powder recalled in HK

THE HAGUE -- Anglo-Dutch company Unilever confirmed Tuesday it was recalling brands of Lipton milk tea powder in Hong Kong after they were found tainted with "small quantities" of an industrial chemical.

"Small quantities of melamine were found in the milk tea powder of the Lipton brand sold in Hong Kong and Macau," Unilever spokesman Gerberg van Genderen told AFP.

The company recalled "a few thousands boxes" of its brand Lipton milk tea.

"As far as I know, the product was manufactured in Hong Kong," van Genderen said.

The Hong Kong Centre for Food Safety has urged the public to stop drinking the product in the latest fallout from a toxic milk scandal which has made some 53,000 babies ill and killed four in mainland China.

Countries around the world have banned or restricted imports of Chinese milk products after it emerged that they contained the industrial chemical melamine, usually used in the making of plastic.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yun melamine ba standard ingredients sa mga gatas? at nasobrahan lang? o walang melamine dapat sa gatas?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nilagyan ng melamine yung gatas para mapeke yung protein content at pumasa sa government standards. Mas mura kasing bumili na lang ng scrap melamine from factories, instead of fortifying the milk formula with real protein.

Ang matindi pa nito, hindi lang milk products ang delikado. Even processed meats, eggs, poultry and fish may have already been tainted with melamine, since animal feed stock produced in China have also been reportedly adulterated. Eh syempre hindi lang Chinese domestic market ang gumagamit ng animal feeds, ine-export din yan.

Melamine is said to be non-toxic in small doses, but if this accumulates via chronic exposure over time, it can lead to renal failure.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 4th, 2008 at 11:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hindi na ako bibili talaga. Ayaw ko maging mutant

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Nilagyan ng melamine yung gatas para mapeke yung protein content at pumasa sa government standards. Mas mura kasing bumili na lang ng scrap melamine from factories, instead of fortifying the milk formula with real protein.

Ang matindi pa nito, hindi lang milk products ang delikado. Even processed meats, eggs, poultry and fish may have already been tainted with melamine, since animal feed stock produced in China have also been reportedly adulterated. Eh syempre hindi lang Chinese domestic market ang gumagamit ng animal feeds, ine-export din yan.

Melamine is said to be non-toxic in small doses, but if this accumulates via chronic exposure over time, it can lead to renal failure.
    Mga walang puso talaga yung mga gumagawa nyan, siguradong firing squad yan pagnahuli!
    Last edited by Zeus; October 4th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    how sure are we na yun mga restos/blended drinks kiosks and bars/cakes and pastries stores hindi gumagamit ng Made in China milk from the start? syempre, pag pampatipid ng overhead, gagamitin at gagamitin yan for profit.

so will this milk scare extend to every shop/store na with dairy products? mukang dun patungo ah ... baka pati yun mga gumagawa ng native pastillas sa probinsya tapos dinadala dito gumagamit din ng ganyan gatas since mas lalo hindi controlled dun

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Stay away from Chinese milk products!