New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ang alam ko na resto na hinahati yung SC is pizza hut...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    so ang pag charge ng SC e legal pala and meron basis sa law natin?
    it's in the labor code.
    85/15 pala yun split.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Service charge allowed to a hotels, Restaurant and other service oriented establishment not exceeding 10% of the cost of foods and sevices before tax. It is legal.

That service charges will go to the rank and file employees only.

Other Hotels and restaurant not charging service charge are management prerogative but employees will decide how they will do the tip. It might be na kanya kanya or iiponen for a couple of days at paghahatihatian.

Management has nothing to do with the service charge its for the rank and file employees only.

Thats a common practice of the hotel and restaurant association. I came to know because i used to work as finance manager of an hotel for 8 years.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    very well said!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But I know of some hotels where the management takes up their fair share of SCs....

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Service Charge should go to the crews and waiters for the services they had rendered to us. It should not be taken by the management as part of their earnings.

Kung may SC charge na, it would be our prerogative to give a tip. Cause it would be a double taxation for services they have rendered.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    swapang lang un, pwede silang idemanda coz of that eh! di lang alam ng workers rights nila

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its a five star hotel nonetheless....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    minsan mas malaki pa yung service charge na hinahati kesa sa sweldo talga...=P

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    But I know of some hotels where the management takes up their fair share of SCs....

Sir Pajerokid, Pwede po yon mangyari pag may Labor Union yong company and it is stated sa Collective bargaining Agreement (CBA) nila na in liu of the free duty meals of the rank and file employees the management have a share (a certain percentage) in the service charge, other than that it is illegal.

When I say rank and file employees, it is up to the supervisory level. Managerial Employees are not entitled for the sharing of service charge.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Service Charge! (Restaurant)