Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Taba ng BBQ at bacon. Mas malasa eh

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eld View Post
    Your take is wrong.
    Really, sir? Sayang naman ang pag-attend ko sa mga scientific symposiums, lectures, at saka mga readings ko.

Not all fats are the same.
    Agree. And I assume what we are talking about here are animal fats.

Just like not all calories are the same.
    Huh?! Again, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Please check your definition of what a calorie is. The source of calorie may differ but the calorie itself is the same.

We need fats to survive. All your organs are covered in protective fat. Your immune system will not function properly if your cholesterol drops too low.
    I enjoin you to read my post again. I stated there that excessive intake of fat is unhealthy (iningles ko lang). Fats and cholesterol are essential for the body to function, that's the reason why we have a range of normal levels for the different cholesterol component like LDL, VLDL, chylomicrons, etc. The problem begins when we start ingesting more fat than what we really need.

I always laugh when people buy fat free and fat free that. :hysterical:
    I assume sir that you are not past 40 years of age. Are you?. Once you reach the age of over 40, and your blood cholesterol level reads at more than 200, you will remember this day. I assure you, you will not laugh hysterically anymore.
    Last edited by ooba99; May 18th, 2011 at 08:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ hayblad ba? Lobster na lang ako na ginatan ng langka tapos appetizer muna yung mga hipon na singlaki ng middle finger ko...

ngiwi kung ngiwi, may gamot at ospital naman....

pero sukang pinoy kurat na maraming bawang sawsawan ng hipon ha...

tapos red horse na ganito!
    bro, ganito rin ang linyang ginagamit ng dati kong kasamahan... ended up injecting insulin at this point in time.
    napapag-usapan na rin lang natin ang masasarap na pagkain... quote ko yung isang kaibigan ko... "dati nung bata pa ako ay di ko nakakain ang gusto kong kainin dahil walang sapat na pambili, ngayon meron ng pambili hindi ko pa rin makain ang gusto ko dahil sa high cholesterol at hypertension, life is not fair"

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nakakagutom naman tong thread na to, sarap ng BBQ sabay kaning lamig na may bahagyang tutong tapos suka...

O kaya lapids chicharon laman na pinasadahan sa oven toaster at kaning lamig uli with matching sukang iloko...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    bro, ganito rin ang linyang ginagamit ng dati kong kasamahan... ended up injecting insulin at this point in time.
    napapag-usapan na rin lang natin ang masasarap na pagkain... quote ko yung isang kaibigan ko... "dati nung bata pa ako ay di ko nakakain ang gusto kong kainin dahil walang sapat na pambili, ngayon meron ng pambili hindi ko pa rin makain ang gusto ko dahil sa high cholesterol at hypertension, life is not fair"
    pre joke lang yung post ko ha, wag niyo talaga gagawin. hehehe

Don't take it so seriously. Sorry if misleading hehehe. Usapang hayblad daw kasi. :rofl:
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Really, sir? Sayang naman ang pag-attend ko sa mga scientific symposiums, lectures, at saka mga readings ko.
    Talagang sayang. I bet those seminars also didn't tell you that human teeth can actually regenerate?

Agree. And I assume what we are talking about here are animal fats.
    As I've said before, there's a difference between a natural animal and a commercial one.

Huh?! Again, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Please check your definition of what a calorie is. The source of calorie may differ but the calorie itself is the same.
    http://www.google.com.ph/search?clie...hannel=suggest

I enjoin you to read my post again. I stated there that excessive intake of fat is unhealthy (iningles ko lang). Fats and cholesterol are essential for the body to function, that's the reason why we have a range of normal levels for the different cholesterol component like LDL, VLDL, chylomicrons, etc. The problem begins when we start ingesting more fat than what we really need.
    I'll continue to excessively partake of grass-fed beef rich in Omega 3, thank you very much.

I assume sir that you are not past 40 years of age. Are you?. Once you reach the age of over 40, and your blood cholesterol level reads at more than 200, you will remember this day. I assure you, you will not laugh hysterically anymore.
    I'm 30. By the time I'm 40, I'll still eat loads of food rich in Omega 3.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Talagang sayang. I bet those seminars also didn't tell you that human teeth can actually regenerate?
    No, the symposiums that I have attended did not talk about the human teeth, more so not about tooth regeneration. So what’s your point?

But if you are referring to artificial tooth regeneration, yes, I know and have read that it is a new technique being developed to replace the usual tooth filling. Natural tooth regeneration? Nah, I’m not aware of such a thing, pardon my ignorance.

You seem to talk authoritatively about fats and cholesterol. And tooth regeneration pa. Well, I respect what you write and your opinions, I hope you respect mine, too. And please, just say that you disagree with a reply but don’t say that other opinions are wrong unless you can convincingly refute it with a reputable scientific study. Otherwise, you are being arrogant. This leads me to wonder if you are in the medical or dental profession, sir? Or probably a research scientist?

As I've said before, there's a difference between a natural animal and a commercial one.
    So tell us more about your so-called “natural animal”. Where can our readers buy this “meat from natural animal” so they can benefit from it as you claim. Saan ba natatagpuan yan? Pasensya na, sir, but I googled “natural animal”, wala pong lumabas na definition ng such animal, eh.

I read the article and I agree with what Dr. Ornish wrote, no problem with the content of his article. I hope you read the contents very well because the gist of the article does not talk about calories at all but rather it talks about diet. He just used that catchy title to attract the attention of the internet surfers to read his article.

That article would have been more appropriately titled “Not all Diets Are The Same”. Kaya lang walang dating yang title na yan.

I'll continue to excessively partake of grass-fed beef rich in Omega 3, thank you very much.
    Sir, paki-share naman kung san pwede makabili nyang “beef rich in Omega 3”. Available ba yan locally dito sa Pilipinas? Is it affordable?

Are you referring to the “La Cense Beef”? Mukhang masarap yan, sir.

Caveat lang sir, hindi lahat ng nababasa sa internet totally true. Maraming true, merong half true, twisted na true, maybe true, and outright lies being paraded as bible truth. Sometimes they just state the information that will favor them and withhold the rest that are unfavorable.

I'm 30. By the time I'm 40, I'll still eat loads of food rich in Omega 3.
    Well, trip trip lang yan. But I suggest if you want Omega 3, get it from fish or plant source. Wag dyan sa “beef rich in omega 3” na yan, unless trip mo talaga na kumain ng meat from your so-called “natural animal”. That may contain omega 3, but what they may not be telling you is that it is also loaded with saturated fat.

BTT:
    If I have to eat taba, it will be from Bacon, BBQ, and Tocino, in that order of preference. It’s a pity the thread poll did not give as choice “beef with omega 3”. I would have chosen that as my first preference. May added benefit, eh.
    Last edited by ooba99; May 20th, 2011 at 01:55 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    No, the symposiums that I have attended did not talk about the human teeth, more so about tooth regeneration. So what’s your point?

But if you are referring to artificial tooth regeneration, yes, I know and have read that it is a new technique being developed to replace the usual tooth filling. Natural tooth regeneration? Nah, I’m not aware of such a thing, pardon my ignorance.

You seem to talk authoritatively about fats and cholesterol. And tooth regeneration pa. Well, I respect what you write and your opinions, I hope you respect mine, too. And please, just say that you disagree with a reply but don’t say that other opinions are wrong unless you can convincingly refute it with a reputable scientific study. Otherwise, you are being arrogant. This leads me to wonder if you are in the medical or dental profession, sir? Or probably a research scientist?
    http://www.examiner.com/organic-food...d-organic-beef
    http://www.ppnf.org/catalog/ppnf/price.htm

So tell us more about your so-called “natural animal”. Where can our readers buy this “meat from natural animal” so they can benefit from it as you claim. Saan ba natatagpuan yan? Pasensya na, sir, but I googled “natural animal”, wala pong lumabas na definition ng such animal, eh.
    Naturally-raised livestock i.e. organic

Caveat lang sir, hindi lahat ng nababasa sa internet totally true. Maraming true, merong half true, twisted na true, maybe true, and outright lies being paraded as bible truth. Sometimes they just state the information that will favor them and withhold the rest that are unfavorable.
    I trust the internet more than I trust the American Heart Association.

Well, trip trip lang yan. But I suggest if you want Omega 3, get it from fish or plant source. Wag dyan sa “beef rich in omega 3” mo, unless trip mo talaga na kumain ng meat from your so-called “natural animal”. That may contain omega 3, but what they may not be telling you is that it is also loaded with saturated fat.
    Oh, that too. Coconut oil is demonized as high in saturated fats when in fact it's the healthiest cooking oil there is. I take it you prefer the widely promoted Canola oil which depletes vitamin E in the body?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    This is an advertisement not a scientific article.

Bakit tayo napunta sa tooth decay?

Naturally-raised livestock i.e. organic

Oh, I see. So sariling word or term concoction mo pala ang “natural animal”.

Sa definition mo ng “natural animal”, ang purely (non-GMO) corn-fed cow ba eh “natural” o “artificial animal”?

I trust the internet more than I trust the American Heart Association.
    Marami din akong nadidinig na tsismis tungkol sa AHA.

But now I’m starting to understand why you argue and express opinions this way.

Oh, that too. Coconut oil is demonized as high in saturated fats when in fact it's the healthiest cooking oil there is. I take it you prefer the widely promoted Canola oil which depletes vitamin E in the body?
    I use regular cooking oil derived from coconut for my general cooking requirement. If I have to use monounsaturated oil, it is olive oil for me, not canola.

Hmmm... Lumalayo na tayo sa thread topic.

Popcorn, anyone? :popcorn: Non-GMO yan.
    Last edited by ooba99; May 20th, 2011 at 03:36 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Popcorn, anyone?
    :popcorn: :pepsi:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Poll: Taba ng Tocino, Bacon or BBQ