New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Tried this one and I liked it. Small eels with some olive oil. Give me some toasts plus beer.

Cathy - you should go to Bar Pintxos. It’s our favorite Spanish resto. This is the few places which serve Razor clams (Navajas) but it’s very seasonal. Donosti is an experience but Bar Pintxos feels more homey. I don’t suggest Las Flores or BCN, just so-so.

By the way, anong alam ni kags sa beer? Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's Bar Pinxtos I'm also not a fan of las Flores and other restos from their group but my friends love these restos for some reason. I like the Sangria of Tomatito though. BCN replaced Osteria diba? This is on my list to try but I have not eaten out since March 2020

kags said something about beer kasi. I guess he is not into anything that's acquired taste.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    That's Bar Pinxtos I'm also not a fan of las Flores and other restos from their group but my friends love these restos for some reason. I like the Sangria of Tomatito though. BCN replaced Osteria diba? This is on my list to try but I have not eaten out since March 2020

kags said something about beer kasi. I guess he is not into anything that's acquired taste.
    That’s why the serving platter looks familiar. They have more branches now (Salcedo, Cebu, Greenbelt). The BGC branch is more yuppies and a few regulars. Alabang is more homey and mostly regulars. They also have a sister restaurant for fine dining - Txoko Asador in Legaspi Village. I remembered that it was in BGC that we dined first when the government allowed dine-in after the long lockdown last year.

BCN is at the corner of 9th and 26th. My wife was not amazed so we are not going back. We have been to Tomatito’s a few times but recently, the food ain’t so good. Sorry but not a fan of Sangria. Tomatito’s used to have a decent selection of Gins but they stopped serving that. I would rather go Bistro Madrid than Tomatito’s or Las Flores or BCN.

Best Spanish restaurant we tried was Donosti at NEC Tower. A small cozy place but more catered to candle-lit dinners. Only knew about it when U2 was here as Bono dined at the place. Too bad they closed last year due to the pandemic.

Donosti: A Night of Spanish Fine Dining - When In Manila

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Acquired taste nga but I liked it immediately. Yung mga German boss ko nga pag special occassion Japanese kami that's because even the superior race Germans know that Japanese is good food

Pati beer ba pipintasan mo rin?

Beer is overrated malansa. Have you heard yung kanta ng laklak by the teeth. "Pinilit kung gustuhin"

Im just being real. What is the face of japanese food in the philippines?

Kung maguusap ng food yung common dapat na side by side naka motorcycle at naka lamborghini nakaparada. A good exampe in chinatown sa yingying nangyayari yan No arte arte.

Hindi yung usapan echos na iilan tao lang and im a human not joining fear factor hahahahah

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Beer is overrated malansa.
    so don't.
    we will.
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

i eat it for the taste. i like the taste.
    and it looks artistically good in my opinion, too.
    does it have to "have a face", whatever that means, to enjoy it?

for someone who professes to have a learned learning,
    your life choices seem awfully... limited.

grow up, my man.
    all fences have an other side.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 28th, 2021 at 02:32 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    That’s why the serving platter looks familiar. They have more branches now (Salcedo, Cebu, Greenbelt). The BGC branch is more yuppies and a few regulars. Alabang is more homey and mostly regulars. They also have a sister restaurant for fine dining - Txoko Asador in Legaspi Village. I remembered that it was in BGC that we dined first when the government allowed dine-in after the long lockdown last year.

BCN is at the corner of 9th and 26th. My wife was not amazed so we are not going back. We have been to Tomatito’s a few times but recently, the food ain’t so good. Sorry but not a fan of Sangria. Tomatito’s used to have a decent selection of Gins but they stopped serving that. I would rather go Bistro Madrid than Tomatito’s or Las Flores or BCN.

Best Spanish restaurant we tried was Donosti at NEC Tower. A small cozy place but more catered to candle-lit dinners. Only knew about it when U2 was here as Bono dined at the place. Too bad they closed last year due to the pandemic.

Donosti: A Night of Spanish Fine Dining - When In Manila

Donosti was also on my list of to go restaurants, I'd see it often when walking the stretch of 32nd street. Another resto I wanna try since 2014 ata is Vask. My Tita asked me to bring her there kasi her friends said it's good, but something always comes up, either they are closed on that time or day e last time naman it was for renovation but now I think they changed the name na to Gallery by Chele. Baka abutin na ko 10 yrs hindi ko pa na try because of the China virus Just like Donosti hindi ko na na experience BCN nga yung old Osteria (wonder why that resto didn't last long)

Beer is overrated malansa. Have you heard yung kanta ng laklak by the teeth. "Pinilit kung gustuhin"

Kung maguusap ng food yung common dapat na side by side naka motorcycle at naka lamborghini nakaparada. A good exampe in chinatown sa yingying nangyayari yan No arte arte.

Hindi yung usapan echos na iilan tao lang and im a human not joining fear factor hahahahah
    Beer MALANSA? Sayo ko lang ata narinig yan. Recent years lang ako nakapag appreciate na masarap ang beer with food, my German boss taught me this and I let him order for me. Dapat kasi kags open ka matuto at mag appreciate from other people, that's how you grow/develop din. Dati kasi I only beer with yosi and pulutan, pero mas masarap pala with a full meal hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i eat it for the taste. i like the taste.
    and it looks artistically good in my opinion, too.
    does it have to "have a face", whatever that means, to enjoy it?

for someone who professes to have a learned learning,
    your life choices seem awfully... limited.

grow up, my man.
    all fences have an other side.
    heh heh.
    I DO NOT mean to insult anyone pero I have several pamangkins and inaanaks na diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. Common trait yung they don't like change and they stick to rituals and have fixations. They have normal lives but if you interact with them closely makikita mo may something, yung manyak officemate namin, my friends and I suspect may AS din. Recent generations na lang kasi nadi diagnose yan.

Students with AS have eccentric preoccupations or odd, intense fixations (sometimes obsessively collecting unusual things). They tend to relentlessly "lecture" on areas of interest; ask repetitive questions about interests; have trouble letting go of ideas; follow own inclinations regardless of external demands; and sometimes refuse to learn about anything outside their limited field of interest.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    asperger's!
    in the olden days, would might have called them
    pasaway,
    weird,
    marching to another drum,
    loner?

diagnosis is not as easy as, say, pneumonia.
    while the symptoms are printed on the textbooks,
    interpretation spans a very wide range.

there are many aspergers', walking around.
    some of them are probably occupying positions of influence.

kagalingan an asperger's?
    i don't know. personally, no.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 28th, 2021 at 03:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    asperger's!
    in the olden days, would might have called them
    pasaway,
    weird,
    marching to another drum,
    loner?

diagnosis is not as easy as, say, pneumonia.
    while the symptoms are printed on the textbooks,
    interpretation spans a very wide range.

there are many aspergers', walking around.
    some of them are probably occupying positions of influence.

kagalingan an asperger's?
    i don't know. personally, no.
    Yup these people are living normal lives but those around them will notice their quirks. I do think a significant number of the population has it, hindi pa kasi norm in older generations to test for that

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yup these people are living normal lives but those around them will notice their quirks. I do think a significant number of the population has it, hindi pa kasi norm in older generations to test for that

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    "we all have our quirks."
    heh heh.

me.
    my morning rituals are de-numero.
    if i get stuck in a number, i won't move forward or bypass it.

PIZZA NAMAN, ANONG FAVORITE PIZZA NYO?