New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    BTW, for ovens with rotisserie, the key to not destroying the gear mechanism is by having the roast balanced in the skewer before roasting (just like wheel balancing)

https://youtu.be/L_HXZFrVcqY
    cool!
    how i wish i had an oven with a rotisserie as solid like that. dear santa,,,,

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I have an Asahi electric table top oven (with rotisseries). Just enough for a whole chicken and even lechon belly (mejo madami na ding belly na nailuto doon). We also sometimes bake simple stuff like cookies, instant cakes, some casserole dishes.

Everyday use would be just for toasting bread or heating left overs. Roasting meat and baking would be during special occasions. Bought it for around Php3K around 4 years ago.

My in-laws recently a bought bigger Hanabishi oven for just Php1,700. Used it during the Xmas season to cook, whatelse, roast chicken and lechon belly.

I think these are worth every centavo if you do not plan to bake on a regular basis. May mga kilala kasi ako (including my in-laws) na bumili ng LPG oven na malaki tapos hindi naman nagagamit. SO GET THE AFFORDABLE ONES FIRST.

Attachment 31647
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Since this is a new hobby i dont feel i need to go all out agad. Dun muna tayo siguro sa mura. Salamat!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Since this is a new hobby i dont feel i need to go all out agad. Dun muna tayo siguro sa mura. Salamat!
    Exactly. You can upgrade later naman to a bigger oven kung talagang kailangan.
    Baking is also time consuming. If you are a busy person with other hobbies, then most probabyl you will be using your oven that often.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Exactly. You can upgrade later naman to a bigger oven kung talagang kailangan.
    Baking is also time consuming. If you are a busy person with other hobbies, then most probabyl you will be using your oven that often.
    I find that is a stress reliever for me. The whole cooking thing.

Btw, hanabishi or imarflex? It seems magka presyo sila. Parehas din pinoy brand ito i think.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    I find that is a stress reliever for me. The whole cooking thing.

Btw, hanabishi or imarflex? It seems magka presyo sila. Parehas din pinoy brand ito i think.
    Sa SM Southmall (Las Pinas) di hamak na mas mahal ang Imarflex over Hanabishi. Pero wala ata ako nakitang Imarflex na malaki.

Imarflex is originally a Japanese company although I also though it is a purely Pinoy Brand. I actually like Imarflex the most among the low to mid-level brands.

http://www.evergoodinc.com/company/
    Last edited by Lew_Alcindor; February 2nd, 2016 at 05:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Sa Anson merong imarflex o hanabishi

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mine is used more than the electric stove since 2011. Almost 3 or 4 times a week I eat barbeque drumstick or roast pork, I know that's not healthy, but I would normally follow that up with freshly made smoothie made of fresh spinach, carrot and any greens I can find sa fridge, to lose weight. Now I've cut on the bbq, once a week na lang, and my mini oven is still durable, generic brand pero similar to this below:

Kmart.com

Kakatamad mag ihaw sa labas eh, malangaw pa.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir try nyo magroast ng vegetables -- potatoes, carrots, eggplant, bell peppers, onions, garlic. You can stir in a few bits of bacon or sausage to help with meat withdrawal ^_^

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Thanks guys for telling me what you think. I'm starting to really like cooking and nakaka limit talaga ng hobby na to kung wala kang gamit. This is officially now on top of my wishlist in the next month or two.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I was single for a long time. Having a hot plate, microwave oven, a George Foreman grill, and a convection oven was part of my kitchen for a long time because they were easier to clean than a conventional oven.

The hot plate can be a fire hazard and many apartments frown on their use. But, no problems with the remaining three.

I found it funny at first when a former boxing champ advertised cooking-ware. But, it actually worked. A convection oven does many things a conventional oven did. But, watch your electric bill. Ours has a conventional (microwave oven style) design.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123