New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    yup di sila kumakain pag halal.. hindi din sila kumakain nang dinuguan..

kaya pag lumalabas kami dito sa opis.. kailangan pa namin sila (2 sila) i consider..
    Basta pork, OK sa kanila, huwag lang dinuguan.
    Pag beef or chicken, dyan na sila magchecheck if halal certified or not.
    May list sila ano mga restaurant na halal certified, if kakain sila dun, pork lang inoorder nila.
    Hindi kasi kasali sa halal yung pork.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Napansin ko rin pala, yung mga may chili na corned beef like purefoods, walang nakalagay na halal.
    Yung regular corned beef lang may tatak halal.
    Bawal din ba sa muslim mga maanghang?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Yung manner of food preparation din yata considered being Halal, not just the ingredients.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Yung manner of food preparation din yata considered being Halal, not just the ingredients.
    I thought di na halal meant some lack of ingredients like pork. Learned lang yata year na dapat pala the ingredients/food have to prayed over din.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    I thought di na halal meant some lack of ingredients like pork. Learned lang yata year na dapat pala the ingredients/food have to prayed over din.
    According to a classmate of mine who works for NMIC-BARMM, there are specific rituals/practices observed for meat to be considered halal (butcher must ne Muslim) but the bottomline is the animal where the meat came from must be butchered in a humane way, i.e. quicky killed and very little suffering. There are actually practical and health reasons for this as suffering and stressed animals produce toxins and hormones like adrenalin that may affect taste and even be bad for humans.

And for all their animosity Muslims and Jews have almost the same religious dietary requirements (both will not eat pork and blood and only eat seafood that have scales and fins).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    According to a classmate of mine who works for NMIC-BARMM, there are specific rituals/practices observed for meat to be considered halal (butcher must ne Muslim) but the bottomline is the animal where the meat came from must be butchered in a humane way, i.e. quicky killed and very little suffering. There are actually practical and health reasons for this as suffering and stressed animals produce toxins and hormones like adrenalin that may affect taste and even be bad for humans.

And for all their animosity Muslims and Jews have almost the same religious dietary requirements (both will not eat pork and blood and only eat seafood that have scales and fins).
    Yeah yun nga! Didn’t know that it was that complex pala.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12