1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Higher profile???

:fly:

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    BAKEEEEEEEEET MCDO LANG?
    they targeted volume users, so macdo and jollibee... and from their forum, it seems na cooperative sa kanila ang jollibee...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    With due respect to my co-Tsikoteers, I support Gary Granada’s efforts. You won’t find me joining him, but I hope he succeeds if not getting mcdo to lessen usage of non-biodegradable product, then to increase environmental consciousness.

In the documentary Bowling for Columbine, it was shown that the ones who shot and killed several kids in Columbine High School bought their ammunition from a local Wal-Mart. Michael Moorer accompanied one of the surviving victims to the head office of the retail chain to demand that they stop selling ammunition in their shops.

They were given the run-around, made to wait, but eventually one of the High-Ups at Wal-mart came down to meet them and announced they would no longer sell bullets at their shops.

Gary Granada is using a similar tactic in the hope that McDonald’s takes corporate social responsibility to a more realistic level. Asking nicely is ok, if it works, but when it doesn’t, then it’s time for something else. And if that something else calls for a dramatic act at a hamburger joint’s main quarters, then so be it. (paraphrased from p. lacaba)

Different persons have different levels of civic mindedness and ways of acting upon them. Granada comes from a generation where many of his contemporaries believed in rebellion and insurrection, and while others took up arms and headed for the countryside or ran for public office, he picked up his guitar and came up with some of the best, if unheralded, Filipino poetry in musical form.

We may not all agree with his form of activism, but let’s give him and those like him a fair shake. I’m sure we’ve had some cause we acted upon before, like if any of you were at Edsa I or Edsa II or even the third one.

We’ve seen the bikini models putting themselves in cages in front of KFC
    i support his cause also, but i kinda have to laugh at how OA he is about everything.

but the "bikini models in cages" kind of activism, that's something i can get behind!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    eh kung wag na lang natin ibalot yun mga burger? tapos yun meals sa cardboard na lang na shaped na plato.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    With due respect to my co-Tsikoteers, I support Gary Granada’s efforts. You won’t find me joining him, but I hope he succeeds if not getting mcdo to lessen usage of non-biodegradable product, then to increase environmental consciousness.

In the documentary Bowling for Columbine, it was shown that the ones who shot and killed several kids in Columbine High School bought their ammunition from a local Wal-Mart. Michael Moorer accompanied one of the surviving victims to the head office of the retail chain to demand that they stop selling ammunition in their shops.

They were given the run-around, made to wait, but eventually one of the High-Ups at Wal-mart came down to meet them and announced they would no longer sell bullets at their shops.

Gary Granada is using a similar tactic in the hope that McDonald’s takes corporate social responsibility to a more realistic level. Asking nicely is ok, if it works, but when it doesn’t, then it’s time for something else. And if that something else calls for a dramatic act at a hamburger joint’s main quarters, then so be it. (paraphrased from p. lacaba)

Different persons have different levels of civic mindedness and ways of acting upon them. Granada comes from a generation where many of his contemporaries believed in rebellion and insurrection, and while others took up arms and headed for the countryside or ran for public office, he picked up his guitar and came up with some of the best, if unheralded, Filipino poetry in musical form.

We may not all agree with his form of activism, but let’s give him and those like him a fair shake. I’m sure we’ve had some cause we acted upon before, like if any of you were at Edsa I or Edsa II or even the third one.

We’ve seen the bikini models putting themselves in cages in front of KFC; I for one would not be interested in seeing Granada do the same.

good thing forums are to be taken with a grain of salt.

I seriously doubt if he can get things done (re: Styro) with the way he replies. Iba ang cultura ng Pinas sa mga dayuhan. Hindi binibigyan ng pansin ang mga arogante dito, in fact they are despised. Look at the reaction ni Mr. Granada when faced with the arrogance ng McDo. Sa totoo lang, parepareho lang sila, at unlikely they will come to terms with each other.

Both parties should leave their egos outside, and stick with the issue on hand. Sa meeting place lang, hindi na sila magkasundo, sa styro pa?

I will support a group with a more realistic approach sa issue. Gary Granada is a loose cannon. Sayang, his noble efforts will go down the drain, kasi these kind people are often marginized dito sa Pinas (worst, pinapatay).

Sige na nga, Gary Granada for President!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I think Gary Granada and his group Kaalagad deserves to be lauded by their firm take on the subject.. although, i would have to agree that his approach in making it happen is not the surefire way to get it done.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think the problem with these people is that their actions are driven as much by self-promotion as by genuine concern.

If they're truly concerned, they would act in such a way to offer the best chances to achieve their aims. Hindi sila mag-hi-hingi ng sympathy sa "ordeal" nila with these whine-y emails/posts.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i-laud ang reklamador? imho, first instinct ng kahit sino yan eh. if they want to get something done, first and foremost, patience. that's what separates a true problem solver from the phony "kunwari on the side of good kuno".

even if you know na may mali ang ginagawa ng katunggali mo, respect pa din. hindi yun kala mo kung sino ka na pupunta sa office ng mcdo at magdidikta, na akala mo me patago Mcdo sa kanya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    PETA FTMFW!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Gary Granada's ordeal with McDo