New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ i hope that he teaches his students to be activists for the causes they believe in, and practice critical thinking without pushing his own agenda on impressionable minds, however.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Don't worry guys, these activists are going going gone! GMA vows to kill all these communists like Gary Granada in 3 years (Inquirer today).

Like Otep says:

Buti sana kung kamag-anak ng rallyista yung isasakay. Kahit madelay ng tatlong araw yung ambulance okey lang.

Yeyyy!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Need more drones....

Edit *marching to the beat*

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    parang black mail style na si pareng gary.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    With due respect to my co-Tsikoteers, I support Gary Granada’s efforts. You won’t find me joining him, but I hope he succeeds if not getting mcdo to lessen usage of non-biodegradable product, then to increase environmental consciousness.

In the documentary Bowling for Columbine, it was shown that the ones who shot and killed several kids in Columbine High School bought their ammunition from a local Wal-Mart. Michael Moorer accompanied one of the surviving victims to the head office of the retail chain to demand that they stop selling ammunition in their shops.

They were given the run-around, made to wait, but eventually one of the High-Ups at Wal-mart came down to meet them and announced they would no longer sell bullets at their shops.

Gary Granada is using a similar tactic in the hope that McDonald’s takes corporate social responsibility to a more realistic level. Asking nicely is ok, if it works, but when it doesn’t, then it’s time for something else. And if that something else calls for a dramatic act at a hamburger joint’s main quarters, then so be it. (paraphrased from p. lacaba)

Different persons have different levels of civic mindedness and ways of acting upon them. Granada comes from a generation where many of his contemporaries believed in rebellion and insurrection, and while others took up arms and headed for the countryside or ran for public office, he picked up his guitar and came up with some of the best, if unheralded, Filipino poetry in musical form.

We may not all agree with his form of activism, but let’s give him and those like him a fair shake. I’m sure we’ve had some cause we acted upon before, like if any of you were at Edsa I or Edsa II or even the third one.

We’ve seen the bikini models putting themselves in cages in front of KFC; I for one would not be interested in seeing Granada do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by alabanger_2000 View Post
    Don't worry guys, these activists are going going gone! GMA vows to kill all these communists like Gary Granada in 3 years (Inquirer today).

Like Otep says:

Buti sana kung kamag-anak ng rallyista yung isasakay. Kahit madelay ng tatlong araw yung ambulance okey lang.

Yeyyy!
    good thing forums are to be taken with a grain of salt.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how sure are they that it was gary granada anyway?!?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Greenpeace

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    *leolop: Can't speak for all of us here, but I personally have nothing against Granada's form of activism. The only real beef I have is his "we're God's gift to nature" and "you're either with us or against us" attitude.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    how sure are they that it was gary granada anyway?!?
    it's indeed Gary Granada. Visit the mentioned website. And it had been mentioned too by Conrado de Quiros in his Inquirer column.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    BAKEEEEEEEEET MCDO LANG?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Gary Granada's ordeal with McDo